Hey Everyone,

I am having a couple of issues with installing a beta OS...

I have the Storm 9500 (Vodafone AUS) and have tried numerous times now to install v.5.0.0.216 firmware onto the phone...

Seems like no matter what I try, I have a nuked BB Storm. It just keeps resetting. I install it, phone works ok for 1-2minutes and then decides its time to bugger off and reset itself.

Is there something I am missing? I have tried in these methods:

-> Update through BB Desktop Manager with firmware installed onto PC
    -> Update by wiping phone using BBSAK and then using AppLoader from installed firmware directory.

I am lost here, but after experiencing v.5.0.0.216 for just those couple minutes beforehand, I feel I cannot go back to v.4.7.0.148.... I need it....

Cheers,
    Paul

Edit: Vendor.XML was removed already straight after installing the firmware onto the PC...
    Last edited by shifted-is; 11-01-09 at 09:25 PM.
    11-01-09 09:04 PM
    Why not try going through APP Loader and deleting the Vendor File
    11-01-09 09:05 PM
    This is the guide to use

http://www.crackberry.com/blackberry...ting-system-os

should work just from the error 507 screen
    11-01-09 09:07 PM
    I have removed the Vendor.XML file already... And have followed all the guides... Still no luck.
    11-01-09 09:24 PM
    run loader.exe as admin?
    11-01-09 09:29 PM
    Admin on this PC already...

I am stumped.

Edit: Everything works fine on the PC side, it is just once it is installed and the BB Storm has initialised itself, it only works for 1-2mins before resetting itself constantly...
    11-01-09 09:34 PM
    oops, i missed the part about getting it to load. My bad
    11-01-09 09:37 PM
    Go back to .148 &:

Try a security wipe - only Emails, Contacts etc and User Installed Applications. Before you do that ensure that you back up stuff.
    Also, clear cache.... using the Memory Cleaner tool

Also, do not load 3rd party apps at first. See if there are no reboots and then install 3rd party apps one by one.
    11-01-09 09:52 PM
    Go back to .148 &:

Try a security wipe - only Emails, Contacts etc and User Installed Applications. Before you do that ensure that you back up stuff.
    Also, clear cache.... using the Memory Cleaner tool

Also, do not load 3rd party apps at first. See if there are no reboots and then install 3rd party apps one by one.
    Hey mate,

I will try what you have written later tonight, all 3rd Party Apps are already off and are not installing at all in any process I have attempted, I made sure of that first.

I tried turning off Encryption as someone in the Tour area said it worked for them, but it doesn't work for the Storm, mine rebooted again just now. All my important stuff is backed up.

So once I have done the Security Wipe, try installing v.5.0.0.216 again?

Edit: I have started a Security Wipe without having reverted to v.4.7.0.148 at the moment, phone is still in the process but has not rebooted during this process at the moment, could be a good sign?
    Last edited by shifted-is; 11-01-09 at 10:25 PM.
    11-01-09 10:08 PM
    Hey mate,

I will try what you have written later tonight, all 3rd Party Apps are already off and are not installing at all in any process I have attempted, I made sure of that first.

I tried turning off Encryption as someone in the Tour area said it worked for them, but it doesn't work for the Storm, mine rebooted again just now. All my important stuff is backed up.

So once I have done the Security Wipe, try installing v.5.0.0.216 again?
    Correcto....
    11-01-09 10:21 PM
    Hey mate,

Like I posted earlier, I did the Security Wipe without having had reverted to the v.4.7.0.148 OS and since then, everything is working fine (at the moment). I am sending back all my back-up stuff (not 3rd party apps - just contacts etc.) and going to see how it runs for the next couple hours.

Thanks heaps though man! If this works, you have saved me a lot of frustration!

I will let ya know how the phone goes over the next couple hours.

Cheers!!!
    11-01-09 10:44 PM
    You are a legend rahul.pillai!

Phone works perfect, though, I could not restore the back-up, as soon as I did, it ****ed itself again and started rebooting so I did another Security Wipe and since then perfect!

Lost everything though but doesn't matter, its stuff I can replace anyway and numbers won't be an issue, I hope someone modifies the tutorial of updating OS to include a step that involves this process of doing a Security Wipe.

Thanks once again man, I really appreciate it!
    11-02-09 06:35 PM

Phone works perfect, though, I could not restore the back-up, as soon as I did, it ****ed itself again and started rebooting so I did another Security Wipe and since then perfect!

Lost everything though but doesn't matter, its stuff I can replace anyway and numbers won't be an issue, I hope someone modifies the tutorial of updating OS to include a step that involves this process of doing a Security Wipe.

5.0.0.216 is not stable, lots of bugs, 3G seems to reset it, the OS itself is beyond amazing, just it's full of bugs like i said, I installed it using a lot of methods, it only worked with 'EDGE', i just downgraded to 4.7.0.181, it's so much better, no bugs, everything is supposed to work, my advice wait for an official release, or even the version after it.
    11-02-09 06:40 PM

Try an advance restore of your Contacts only.... just import your contacts using DM.
    11-02-09 09:57 PM
    5.0.0.216 is not stable, lots of bugs, 3G seems to reset it, the OS itself is beyond amazing, just it's full of bugs like i said, I installed it using a lot of methods, it only worked with 'EDGE', i just downgraded to 4.7.0.181, it's so much better, no bugs, everything is supposed to work, my advice wait for an official release, or even the version after it.
    Seems to be working fine on 3G for me man! But I do have to have Encryption turned off, as soon as I turn it on, it begins to reboot itself constantly again.

The Security Wipe option fixed the issue I initially had, which is awesome, the OS is amazing, though I would like to know, in case someone here does know...

In your SMS messages, when you open up a chat, it shows the first msg received/sent first, instead of the other way round, which would make it easier, anyone know how to change this?

Try an advance restore of your Contacts only.... just import your contacts using DM.
    I will give that a shot tonight. Cheers!
    11-04-09 01:01 AM
    In your SMS messages, when you open up a chat, it shows the first msg received/sent first, instead of the other way round, which would make it easier, anyone know how to change this?
    No fix for .216 Maybe fixed on higher builds - if we 9500's get one
    11-04-09 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD