I've had this storm for a while now, since like Jan of last year.

Its given me my headaches, and little things with using too much memory with their apps...sucks lol.

But the latest issue is with charging. I noticed sometimes the bolt comes up saying that its getting power, and sometimes it will just staylike that, but will loose power, or if i wiggle it the right way it will stay charging.

If not then sometimes it wont get a charge even though its plugged in! Is it the charger, or the phone port? Becuase I am charging it through my computer, although super slow, it doesnt have the same issues as my wall charger by my bed!

Help!
    Last edited by BolivianFuego; 05-20-10 at 03:43 PM.
    05-20-10 03:38 PM
    I had an issue awhile back that is similar. When I would plug my charger into the phone sometimes it would charge and sometimes it wouldn't. I immediately thought it was an issue with my charger. I bought a new charger and had the same issue. I upgraded my OS to .419 and the problem went away. Maybe an OS related issue.
    05-20-10 06:49 PM
    I have the 5.0.0.328 version.

Is there any betas available? I havent been on here in a LOOOOONG time!
    05-20-10 06:53 PM
    Actually just last night I put .591 on my Storm and so far I am loving it. I would recommend giving this a try.
    05-20-10 08:26 PM
    Hey, I havent been on here in a loooooong time, do you have links for .419 or .591 or both??

I dont even know where to begin to look or how to search for them!
    05-20-10 09:37 PM
    Here is a link for .591 Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Not sure about .419 as its been awhile. My suggestion is to just go to .591 as it is running more smooth for me now.
    05-20-10 10:36 PM
    If the OS does not work I would look into the USB port on your phone. The connector itself might be going bad causing an intermittant connection.
    05-21-10 08:01 AM
    I have the same issue and my phone is only 2 months old.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 03:43 PM
    I had a similar problem back when I had my S1. I believe I've heard it had something to do with the OS (I was also on .328), but keep in mind that's from the rumor mill here on CB is not a proven fact.

I did begin doing this trick, which appeared to work. My previous normal practice was to turn the phone off and then plug it in to the charger. Sometimes it worked and other times, after a full night, I'd discover that I had no charge from the night's plug in. I began waiting about 10 seconds after it completely powered down, before plugging it in and once I started doing that, I never had a problem. Coincidence? I have no clue, all I know is, I never had a problem again!

Keep in mind that you may well have a bad connector on the phone itself. That's been known to happen on all the phones, so if you can't seem to get anything to work, look in to that possibility.
    05-21-10 03:59 PM
    Yea, I dont think its the USB. I have it cahrging on my computer thanks to waking up and seeing that it didnt charge right all night on my wall charger.....
    05-25-10 09:57 AM
    Ok, did another test. I thought it was my wall charger. It was charging just fine with my friends LG charger from his phone. Same mini USB port.

So i let it charge on that, but used it again maybe 3 hours later. NOTHING!!!

It was as if it recognized that charger and started acting funny lijke my first verizon wall charger.

I have no idea what it could be, I even upgraded to the .591 OS thats out now.

For now its charging slow as **** on my computer through the USB port.
    05-25-10 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD