I am having some issues with my newly purchased storm 2 9550, the back button, sometimes doesn't work. The majority of the time it does, but sometimes it doesn't I can press it and it's like it gets stuck, or just doesn't want to budge. If I don't push literally exactly on the back mark it wont work, if i'm a hair above it, it does not work but then every other key works if I am a hair above it, it just gets annoying.

any simple fix?

Jon
    04-20-10 10:57 AM
    Ok, so heres the deal. Theres a number of topics about this elsewhere and if you read around you would see that several people have addressed this. But this is the nitty gritty. Some storm 2's have screen issues. Or did. RIM did a recall that was supposed to fix most all of the "bad" phones and they shipped out new ones. Being short and to the point you probably just got a hold of one of the old/"bad" ones that had the screen click issue. It should be as simple as going back to the V store and telling one of the tech reps whats going on and they will give you a brand new one given your still in your 30 day warrenty period. Most of the reps at VW are aware of this problem and will do what needs to be done without hesitation. I had a similar problem and they had to replace mine twice. Deuces.
    04-20-10 12:06 PM
    Ok, so heres the deal. Theres a number of topics about this elsewhere and if you read around you would see that several people have addressed this. But this is the nitty gritty. Some storm 2's have screen issues. Or did. RIM did a recall that was supposed to fix most all of the "bad" phones and they shipped out new ones. Being short and to the point you probably just got a hold of one of the old/"bad" ones that had the screen click issue. It should be as simple as going back to the V store and telling one of the tech reps whats going on and they will give you a brand new one given your still in your 30 day warrenty period. Most of the reps at VW are aware of this problem and will do what needs to be done without hesitation. I had a similar problem and they had to replace mine twice. Deuces.
    but I purchased the phone via eBay brand new in box never used or activated.
    I unlocked it to use it on AT&T.

Will VW still give me a new one?
    04-20-10 12:17 PM
    Ouch...you might be SOL there buddy. Unfortunately I dont think VW will give you another one if its unlocked. Especially since you never had THEIR service. You could always try getting in touch with the person that you bought it from and tell him whats going on if you want your money back. Have you updated to the new software? The newer version of the Storm 2 software was able to fix a lot of screen issues. It even made some screens feel "softer" or easier to press. Try that and update.
    04-20-10 12:22 PM
    Ouch...you might be SOL there buddy. Unfortunately I dont think VW will give you another one if its unlocked. Especially since you never had THEIR service. You could always try getting in touch with the person that you bought it from and tell him whats going on if you want your money back. Have you updated to the new software? The newer version of the Storm 2 software was able to fix a lot of screen issues. It even made some screens feel "softer" or easier to press. Try that and update.
    I have 607, is that what you mean?
    04-20-10 05:43 PM
    04-21-10 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD