Ever since I got my storm it randomly logs me out with the following message " AIM session has expired ". So I was wondering if the Storm has any specific setting for this or is it an aol issue?
    03-23-09 04:29 PM
    i think if you dont use AIM for awhile it automatically signs you out. at least thats what it did on my enV. i havent really used it on my Storm so i havent had the chance to get that message
    03-23-09 04:38 PM
    on the aim login screen, check the box 'auto-sign in' and it should automatically reconnect if aim logs off
    03-23-09 04:48 PM
    It should automatically reconnect; but doesn't. It's a bug. The AIM client on the Storm doesn't even know when it has lost the IM session, until you try to do something with it. THEN it says "Reconnect in 30 seconds"...

I've already left AIM and use the Blackberry Messenger, good for my purposes.
    03-24-09 12:08 AM
    It should automatically reconnect; but doesn't. It's a bug. The AIM client on the Storm doesn't even know when it has lost the IM session, until you try to do something with it. THEN it says "Reconnect in 30 seconds"...

I've already left AIM and use the Blackberry Messenger, good for my purposes.
    That's what I was thinking because I always chek the box 'auto-sign in'. So basically nothing we can do about it.. I do use BBM but alot of my contacts do not have it..
    03-24-09 12:15 AM
    Ever since I got my storm it randomly logs me out with the following message " AIM session has expired ". So I was wondering if the Storm has any specific setting for this or is it an aol issue?
    The main issue is that it is AIM - use BB's IM.
    03-24-09 12:19 AM
    There are third-party apps that support AIM that may work for you: Instango, IM+, Beejive (Storm version "coming soon"). I personally haven't tried any of them.
    03-24-09 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD