hello
    i've read several posts but i can't find a solution, here's my problem:

When I did the last big update for my Storm 9530, all of my video files did the following. I ripped some DVD's and editted the names to what I wanted them because before they said "DVDRIP..." when I was done. When I got my Storm, I put the files on it and they worked fine. However, after the upgrade, all the file names in my list are back to what the file names were before I editted them right after they were ripped. But, when I select the properties for a file, it has the correct file name and when I try to rename them it has the correct file name highlighted. I've tried deleting them all and readding them but it always goes back to being wrong. Is there a way to fix this so that I can put my files back on and know what each of them is without having to look at the properties of each?

how can i fix this?
    any help will be much appreciated, Thanks
    03-14-10 02:09 PM
    Its meta data in the file that its pulling the names from if I'm not mistaken, I dunno if BB can edit that you may have to do it from your computer, same thing you do to change mp3 id3 tags title, year, genre ect

I'm pretty sure windows let's you change it in the file properties dialog.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 03:24 PM
    Its meta data in the file that its pulling the names from if I'm not mistaken, I dunno if BB can edit that you may have to do it from your computer, same thing you do to change mp3 id3 tags title, year, genre ect

I'm pretty sure windows let's you change it in the file properties dialog.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yes, i know how to edit id3 tags for the mp3's but i didn't know that i had to do something similar to the videos, i'll give it a try.
    Thanks
    03-14-10 03:45 PM
    i've tried that, but it didn't work, i think it has something to do with the video format, but anybody else have a suggestion?
    04-02-10 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD