Hello,

I have a problem with updating my Storm's software.
    I am currently running on 4.7.0.109 and i want to switch to the official vodafone upgrade .141
    I downloaded the file and installed it. Afterwards i started my desktop manager. the desktop manager looks for updates, but nothing happens. the desktop manager doesn't give me a warning of the new software installed.
    Am i doing something wrong? Can it give a problem because i'm a BES user?

Thx in advance,

Jay
    05-14-09 02:52 AM
    Hello,

I have a problem with updating my Storm's software.
    I am currently running on 4.7.0.109 and i want to switch to the official vodafone upgrade .141
    I downloaded the file and installed it. Afterwards i started my desktop manager. the desktop manager looks for updates, but nothing happens. the desktop manager doesn't give me a warning of the new software installed.
    Am i doing something wrong? Can it give a problem because i'm a BES user?

Thx in advance,

Jay
    Yea because you installed it, it wont find available updates.

So open up your Desktop Manager. Go on applications loader > update.

Then follow the steps and then it should give you the option to upgrade to .141 or downgrade and tell you your current OS.

Hope i helped.
    05-14-09 03:00 AM
    Yes, I also tried that one but it gives me the software .111. And i'm very shure that i installed the .141...
    And then it says: you're software is newer than the one you allready installed, would you like to downgrade?

I'm confused
    05-14-09 03:32 AM
    did you delete the vendor file?
    05-14-09 05:18 AM
    You need to also delete the old os off your computer and make sure you disconnect from the internet while your system is looking for upgrades.
    05-14-09 06:02 AM
    After securing that it is really .141 installed, quit Your Internet connection and start DM. Now DM should find Your installed software...
    05-14-09 06:07 AM
    05-14-09 06:11 AM
    Ok! thx very much! i'll try it this evening!
    05-14-09 06:24 AM
    Thanks! It worked, now running on.141
    Just re-installed the desktop manager and deleted the vendor.xml-file like mentioned in the 'noob help guide'-topic.

Thx!

Jay
    05-16-09 02:07 AM
    Thanks! It worked, now running on.141
    Just re-installed the desktop manager and deleted the vendor.xml-file like mentioned in the 'noob help guide'-topic.

Thx!

Jay
    now just think if you would of used the search function you would of been able to figure out all of this by yourself. Glad you got it working.
    05-16-09 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD