Hi. I'm a new owner pf a storm. This is also my first bb. I have a prob with suretype I wanted to ask you about. When I type 'of' it always defaults to PD. I legitimately had to use this before but now it always chhoses tha. How can I make 'of' become default? Its not in my custom DIC I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by oxide7; 03-27-09 at 12:33 AM.
    03-27-09 12:27 AM
    Only thing I could think of would be to add it to the dictionary if you havent already done that. I dont know how else you could get it to default to spell "of". Weird issue.
    03-27-09 12:37 AM
    when you type a word, there should be a list of options that pop out below it. if not, delete the word, and as you type each letter, it will ask you a choice of two letters per key in the dropdown, and manually change them to the letter of your choice. once you do that it'll be in your dictonary, and you can choose it when you type stuff.
    03-27-09 12:40 AM
    Not sure how that works with Suretype considering neither P or D are on the same keys as I or T.

In other words, it shouldn't default to PD.
    03-27-09 12:55 AM
    Not sure how that works with Suretype considering neither P or D are on the same keys as I or T.

In other words, it shouldn't default to PD.
    I thiink his issue was trying to spell "of"
    Just a little correction
    03-27-09 01:06 AM
    Oh, my bad.

In that case, just keep typing it correctly, and eventually the phone will memorize frequently used spelling patterns.
    03-27-09 01:11 AM
    I just go to autotext and fix it when I have an issue.

For example I would ALWAYS get "Mr" instead of "me." So I went to auto text and hit add, typed Mr and put to change it automatically to me. Fixed.

In your case let autotext spell PD then replace with of.
    03-27-09 01:22 AM
    One thing to try (if you haven't done this already) is that when the word select box comes up is rather than highlight the word and hit space - something that I do when in a rush - is actually select the word in the box.
    It seems to be the case that hitting 'space' is telling the Storm that the word will do in this case, whilst actually selecting the word in the box tells the Storm that it is a viable word. Have had some strange selections come up as a result of my selecting words - much like your case of PD.
    03-27-09 09:40 AM
    I just go to autotext and fix it when I have an issue.

For example I would ALWAYS get "Mr" instead of "me." So I went to auto text and hit add, typed Mr and put to change it automatically to me. Fixed.

In your case let autotext spell PD then replace with of.
    Thanks . I did this and it works.. pretty quirky though. I have to say -- the best typing i've ever got on a mobile was on my old Nokia 8890. It's like T9, but a little bit smarter. I could text with one hand while i was driving a stick... with no mistakes. It seems the trend has gone to QWERTY and touch -- so I think the true solution I'm looking for is in my past
    03-27-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD