On the front screen I have the red notification that I have a message and I do not have one. when I turn storm sideways, it doesnt show the red notifier. What's up? How do I fix? i dont have any messages saved or unopened anywhere.
    12-24-08 09:33 AM
    I have the identical problem.

I did a search, but none of the solutions worked.

Anyone?
    01-05-09 09:48 PM
    batt pull? just a suggestion
    01-05-09 09:53 PM
    Did it. Numerous times.

Thanks...
    01-05-09 10:01 PM
    You checked the call log? Its possible it can be a from a missed call or a message that you missed.
    01-06-09 05:39 AM
    I has this issue. What I discovered is that I had changed the "Accessibility" Grid Layout to 4x4. For some reason this confuses the screen.

I set it back to default and the problem went away.
    01-06-09 06:55 AM
    I checked the call log. Thanks

Grid layout shouldn't confuse anything. At least I would think...
    01-06-09 08:25 AM
    Move the icon when finished turn the screen to portrait the notification should be gone you can then move the icon back to the original location. Worked for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 08:58 AM
    It took me a while to find out why this was happening to me, but do you have weatherbug?

When I get an alert from weatherbug, it flashes the red LED at me like I have a message. It took me a while to find it, but eventually I opened weatherbug and saw there was a weather alert. When I cleared that, the LED stopped flashing red.
    01-06-09 09:05 AM
    I did have weatherbug, but thought it was contributing to the problem. Sometimes the icon on the home screen would show sunny conditions after dark. So I removed it but didn't help the notification problem.

I tried moving the icon. Then back to original location. It did something. Now it doesn't show the red indicator on the 'Messages' icon at all in portrait. It does show in landscape though.

I can live with this

Thanks
    01-06-09 07:52 PM
    Just did battery pull.

Back to the same ****...
    01-06-09 08:15 PM
    On the front screen I have the red notification that I have a message and I do not have one. when I turn storm sideways, it doesnt show the red notifier. What's up? How do I fix? i dont have any messages saved or unopened anywhere.
    exact same problem yesterday then today the opposite, alert wont show on portrait but they are there in landscape.

I has this issue. What I discovered is that I had changed the "Accessibility" Grid Layout to 4x4. For some reason this confuses the screen.

I set it back to default and the problem went away.
    good find e34m5,read your post and knew right away that was it . i had change mine to 4x4 also, changed it back to default and it now works flawlessly. ( i believe this is a .85 bug because i worked right in .75) Hope they fix this i like 4x4 better
    01-06-09 09:39 PM
    so if i take it of 4x4 and put it to dafult then i should not have this problem.i am running .75
    01-07-09 07:30 AM
    I don't think this is an 85 bug, as I am on 75 and I have noticed this since changing the grid layout.
    01-07-09 07:32 AM
    can anyone confirm that it works
    01-07-09 07:34 AM
    I just set mine back to default layout and tested. It is back to working like it should.
    01-07-09 07:36 AM
    this happened to me running on .75 and default layout. My solution was to put bbm back into the instant messanger folder. Once i did that everything was back to normal..very weird though.
    01-07-09 04:19 PM
    Just had the same problem today for the very 1st time.

Will switch everything back to default but that's disappointing.
    01-08-09 07:51 PM
    Absolutely worked when I put phone back on default, not 4x4... Unbelievable..

Had this problem on all my storms.... now I know why...

Hope this helps, It was driving me CRAZY!!!!

Happy now!
    01-09-09 02:26 PM
    I have the same problem. I'm running .85 and all I do is click the middle of the screen and bring up the main menu or whatever you want to call it and then hit the back button and it's gone. it comes back again from time to time but whatever I'll deal with it until a new OS version comes out...
    01-09-09 03:22 PM
    Set mine back to default layout and it's fixed. This bug has been itching me and I could not figure it out. Thanks!!!
    01-09-09 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD