Ok so I saw some threads about this but just got more confused... I unlocked my storm 2 successfully for at&t last night and the texts and phone works, but internet doesn't. I just got the blackberry data plan (just called like 20 min ago and got it) and restarted my phone. Now it says "EDGE" instead of "edge" so I thought it would work but it still won't. What else do I have to do now?

The screen reads "This is a Wi-Fi service. Please ensure your device has an active Wi-Fi connection and try again".

Please help.
    11-20-10 09:55 AM
    You might need to download AT&T service books. Search the forum, there are plenty of threads that resolve this issue.
    11-20-10 11:40 AM
    11-20-10 01:44 PM
    Go to your options-advanced options-browser and change the default browser setting to internet browser instead of hotspot browser. This should work for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-10 06:29 PM
    Go to your options-advanced options-browser and change the default browser setting to internet browser instead of hotspot browser. This should work for you.

Thanks, but it won't let me change it to internet browser, the only choice is hotspot browser...
    11-20-10 10:23 PM
    That's y I don't hack my phone.

11-21-10 12:27 AM
    Sounds like your missing the internet service books, I would follow the instruction on the link posted by Simplymesince79 above(there for Tmo and AT&T). I just used these instructions on a Sprint Tour, putting it on Tmobile, and it worked perfectly.

One thing to mention, I kept having a problem maintaining the EDGE, it would bounce back and forth and then sometimes just stick on edge. What fixed it, was a couple things, I turned off all connections. Then under mobile network options, I put it on 2g instead of the 2g-3g setting. Then went to Options>advanced options> TCIP/APN> and disabled the APN and left everything blank in that setting. Then I went and turned the connections back on and it went to EDGE and has stayed there since then.

Something to keep in mind(even though it was for Tmobile).
    11-21-10 08:18 AM
    I can't do either is this because I'm on a Macbook? The crackutil won't load and the other way doesn't have my phones OS (they're all oder OS versions). Anybody know what I should do?
    11-22-10 07:27 PM
    You shouldnt have to use the crack utilities with the S2 to get it over to AT&T. I didnt have to. I never tried to leave the APN blank, but worth a shot. You do have to change your settings from 3G to 2G. You can go into the AT&T BIS website and push your service books to your phone. You have to make sure that AT&T has your pin and IMEI number registered with their service. Once this is done, they can push the service books to your phone. Does your MMS work? That has always been the issue with the S2 on AT&T and TMobile. Be sure to go to the host routing table and register phone over the AT&T network as well.
    11-23-10 03:26 PM
    I was on AT&T with my S2 plus had the S1 on AT&T as well. I see a huge difference with the functions working on VZW vs AT&T. I use apps that I couldnt use before, etc etc

So let me know if that works, and I have the quick fix for the mms issue to...but you have to repeat these steps everytime you reboot your phone.
    11-23-10 03:35 PM
    I'm with half_pass .. Try inputting AT&T apn settings...
    11-23-10 09:21 PM
    after upgrading to the newest os all my internet wasnt working i found out it all moved to hot spot there 2 places to look to make sure there on internet browser.
    open internet browser > blackberry button > browser options>brower config > change browser to internet browser and save.
    then back out to browser options > to general properties change default browser to internet browser. dont know if that will help but it worked for me but i didnt hack the phone just updated to os1015 goodluck
    11-28-10 11:34 AM
    I believe he already tried that. Make sure you are on the correct data plan..
    11-28-10 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD