Having a weird issue with Groups I have set up for texting. Set up a group (7 members) for quick texting and it works fine the first time. Next time I try and text the same group, I get an error message that says that some of the people in the group cannot receive text messages (I know that they all can) and it deletes 4 of them from the group. I have to delete the entire group, then set it up again, only to have it do the same thing the 2nd time I try and text them.

Anyone else having a similar issue? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks for any help!
    12-30-08 12:28 PM
    how do you set up groups?
    12-30-08 12:33 PM
    Maybe has something to with if they're Verizon customers. Perhaps when it doesn't get a response back that the message was received (since it won't for non-VZW people), it thinks they can't receive messages altogether?
    12-30-08 12:37 PM
    I don't know what carriers they all have, but I had the same groups set up on my previous Pearl, and my first Storm (I've had the phone replaced 3 times). Never any problems. Now, with my current storm, I have the issue. Also, when I send the texts, I usually get responses (albeit I don't know which carriers), but it deletes the same 4 people every time.

Ridgie - To set up groups, just go into your contacts and hit the menu, then select New Group. Give your group a name, then hit the menu key again and click on Add Member. Keep adding members til you're done. Works for email and texts.
    12-30-08 01:42 PM
    thanks james!
    12-31-08 07:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD