Has anyone else had this problem? When the keyboard is open for texting or whatever, if you tap the keys or just kinda swipe the keyboard a small box with a view of what the camera sees opens up on top of the keyboard and the only way to make it close is to press the camera shortcut key then exit out completely or to remove the battery. Anyone know WHY it's doing this and how to keep it from happening?
    02-18-09 02:05 AM
    I have the same problem..... Most of the time it takes a battery pull to get back to usability. Very agrevating !!! Any Clues ??????
    02-18-09 06:58 AM
    Do you guys have a short cut button (convenience key) for your camera? I do and whenever my wife tries to type on my storm, her finger rests on the button and she eventually hits it. I get the same results. Small black box on the screen with the keyboard.

I have usually just had to click the camera button to initiate the camera app fully to get it working again.
    02-18-09 07:06 AM
    I've found the best way to fix this is too just load up the camera by clicking the side button then hitting the back key. Annoying but better than a battery pull. It happens to me all the time if I hover over a letter on the keyboard too long.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 07:12 AM
    I've never experienced hovering over a letter will open the camera. Usually what happens is people are typing and one of their fingers accidentally hits one of the convenience keys for the camera!

I've turned off all my convenience keys as a result.
    02-18-09 08:41 AM
    Same thing used to happen to me. I reassigned convenience key to something other that camera and seemed to resolve the issue.

02-18-09 10:26 AM
    I have the same problem, if I hover over I and then press it.....bam the camera opens. I must say that it is not caused by my finger resting on the key.
    02-18-09 10:30 AM
    The right side of the storm is for the camera. when the keyboard show up just close the app and open it again
    02-18-09 11:37 AM
    yeah it is DEFINATELY not the shortcut key. And it isn't easy to actually MAKE happen... it just happens randomly. I didn't know if there was actually a point to it like maybe to take a pic that attaches to the message immediately, but that's not the case. It's a bug or glitch I guess?

yeah and DON'T battery pull. Just hit the shortcut key to open the camera and then exit out.
    02-19-09 01:30 AM
    What usually makes it happen is when your cursor is not in a text box but your keyboard is open. For example if your in bbm getting ready to type a message and your cursor is not in the typing box and you hover over the letter P, it opens.
    02-19-09 01:49 AM
    I know exactly what you mean. I had this problem all the time on Os .75. Ever since I have upgraded to anything else I haven't experienced this.

02-19-09 02:08 AM
    First thing I did was reassign convenience buttons to eliminate turning camera on every time I took storm out of holster. Sounds like OS upgrade is in order.
    02-19-09 05:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD