Everytime that I upgrade to a new OS, I have to put in my usernames and paswords for things like facebook, viigo etc... and usually hae to relpace all of the icons in the theme I am using- is there a way to back these up somehow so I do not have to do it everytime?

Before everyone starts flaming me, I tried searching and did not find anything helpful. I tried the 3rd party backup but was not successful with this. if this is the way perhaps someone could post a step-by-step of the proper way to update the OS without losing anything?

Forgive me in advance if this has been covered a million times, if so, I cant find the how to for this.

thanks,

AC
    03-31-09 11:33 AM
    Everytime that I upgrade to a new OS, I have to put in my usernames and paswords for things like facebook, viigo etc... and usually hae to relpace all of the icons in the theme I am using- is there a way to back these up somehow so I do not have to do it everytime?

Before everyone starts flaming me, I tried searching and did not find anything helpful. I tried the 3rd party backup but was not successful with this. if this is the way perhaps someone could post a step-by-step of the proper way to update the OS without losing anything?

Forgive me in advance if this has been covered a million times, if so, I cant find the how to for this.

thanks,

AC
    i hear that! i always have all my 3rd party apps still but with facebook and slacker and stuff i have to re do all my password and log in name then it saves it. i just put all my passwords into password keeper so i wont forget anything.
    03-31-09 11:37 AM
    I can't be completely certain on this, but I thought you had to after every battery pull ... ? (I have to with the gmail app, but that's the only 3rd party I use semi-regularly)
    03-31-09 11:38 AM
    Everytime that I upgrade to a new OS, I have to put in my usernames and paswords for things like facebook, viigo etc... and usually hae to relpace all of the icons in the theme I am using
    thanks,

AC
    If you do a full backup, go back to Backup/restore>advanced and restore the "Theme settings" that will restore your icons/folders.

Not sure why the automatic restore doesn't do this 100%.

For the pws etc, some programs save settings, others do not :-(
    03-31-09 12:04 PM
    yeah i think you might be outta luck with the passwords but i could be wrong
    03-31-09 12:06 PM
    thanks all. I guess it was not a dumb question and I am not the only one...
    03-31-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD