i know we don't know the price for the storm yet but dose anyone see a possible price drop after Christmas sales???
    10-07-08 10:09 AM
    We don't even have a release date, let alone any clue as to whether the price of this device will drop in any given time frame. All we can really say for sure is that over time, EVERY phone drops in price. As to when that will happen, who knows.
    10-07-08 10:11 AM
    i don't really see a price drop during christmas season or shortly thereafter christmas season but i definatly see VALID THRU discounts popping up here and there, but like Jenaywins said the price of the phone will definatly drop......eventually.....
    10-07-08 11:04 AM
    It'll probably down a bit when I'm due for my "new every 2" discount in 15 months. The real question is will I have the will power to wait that long, I'm confident the answer is no!!
    10-07-08 11:20 AM
    ^^^LOL

most definatly not, i foresee you standing outside the verizon store with a lawn chair, umbrella and a cooler full of beer waiting for the blackberry storm to come out the day before its launch
    10-07-08 11:22 AM
    ^^^LOL

most definatly not, i foresee you standing outside the verizon store with a lawn chair, umbrella and a cooler full of beer waiting for the blackberry storm to come out the day before its launch
    i'm debating it myself... my new every 2 has been up for a few months.
    10-07-08 11:46 AM
    i would personally recommend you play around with the phone before you buy. I like to read reviews and play around with things before i buy them. i really try to avoid impulsive buying, but ive been following this phone for so long that i just can't help myself. i may have to make an exception.
    10-07-08 11:50 AM
    Yeah me too I was gonna buy try and if its a no go ill just return I 30 and keep the curve.....but more and more I'm. Thinking after the leaks that I want it. I might be lucky and have my buddy and verizon let me borrow the field test one for a day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 12:23 PM
    So, yeah, about that price drop. I do not see it happening until next year. Of course, that is only my opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 12:42 PM
    i would personally recommend you play around with the phone before you buy. I like to read reviews and play around with things before i buy them. i really try to avoid impulsive buying, but ive been following this phone for so long that i just can't help myself. i may have to make an exception.
    In every other situation I'd 100% agree with you. On Verizon though, this is the only show in town for full web browsing. I'm prepared to buy it sight unseen...
    10-07-08 12:47 PM
    In every other situation I'd 100% agree with you. On Verizon though, this is the only show in town for full web browsing. I'm prepared to buy it sight unseen...
    I'm with you. Not just because of the full web browsing capabilities, but simply because of ALL the features. I fully plan on purchasing this phone online the day it launches. Period.
    10-07-08 12:50 PM
    right on people. i love the optimism. lets just hope verizon doesn't let us down and disable vital features or have special plans that cost more $$.
    10-07-08 12:52 PM
    right on people. i love the optimism. lets just hope verizon doesn't let us down and disable vital features or have special plans that cost more $$.
    I can't see any reason for Verizon to implement a new and more expensive plan solely for this device. Yes, it's going to be amazing, but at the end of the day, it's still a Blackberry just like all the others.
    10-07-08 12:56 PM
    Me either, but then again, when the iPhone came out, there were different things you needed to pay for, for certain features.
    10-07-08 12:59 PM
    Me either, but then again, when the iPhone came out, there were different things you needed to pay for, for certain features.
    Yes, but like what? Apps?
    And plus, seriously... This is the Storm. Not the iPhone. And this is Verizon. Not ATT.
    10-07-08 01:00 PM
    no not apps, like an extra fee to get Visual Voicemail, Internet and a few other things all in one package.

and YES! exactly! it is verizon, notorious for locking down features and being expensive, don't get me wrong i like verizon ive posted in several threads expressing how much i prefer verizon over the competition. But being that this is full HTML browsing with potential new features who knows, they might bump the price up 5-10 bucks or create an all in one package that is just going to be ridiculously expensive when visual voicemail comes out because last i read the BBStorm is Visual Voicemail capable but they haven't released the visual voicemail yet on verizon.
    10-07-08 01:04 PM
    no not apps, like an extra fee to get Visual Voicemail, Internet and a few other things all in one package.

and YES! exactly! it is verizon, notorious for locking down features and being expensive, don't get me wrong i like verizon ive posted in several threads expressing how much i prefer verizon over the competition. But being that this is full HTML browsing with potential new features who knows, they might bump the price up 5-10 bucks or create an all in one package that is just going to be ridiculously expensive when visual voicemail comes out because last i read the BBStorm is Visual Voicemail capable but they haven't released the visual voicemail yet on verizon.
    Visual voicemail is available for the Voyager and Env2, with flash upgrades ( unless you have the titanium Voyager which already has the upgrade )
    10-07-08 01:10 PM
    i did not know that, is it free?
    10-07-08 01:11 PM
    i did not know that, is it free?
    Nah, it's like $2.99 a month.
    10-07-08 01:21 PM
    lol, cheap bastards, it is what it is
    10-07-08 01:25 PM
    lol, cheap bastards, it is what it is
    Haha, true. Nickel and Dime you to death. I'm surprised VZW doesn't charge for regular voicemail or call waiting or call forwarding.....
    10-07-08 01:32 PM
    it would be great although highly unlikely if VZW would actually unlock GPS on this phone. I hate not having it on my curve to work with google maps, and im not about to pay what ever they are asking for VZ Nav.
    10-10-08 12:01 PM
    all i know is that i want this phone........This phone is going to be huge. Which everyone knows. I would love for them to come out with prices because I'm going to have to pay retail It'll be sooo worth it though.
    10-10-08 12:41 PM
    it would be great although highly unlikely if VZW would actually unlock GPS on this phone. I hate not having it on my curve to work with google maps, and im not about to pay what ever they are asking for VZ Nav.
    From everything I've read about this phone the standalone GPS WILL be unlocked. The aGPS may be a different story (likely locked down to VZNAV).

EDIT: so that I don't get blasted. This information stems only from what I've read and deduced from those readings. I have no first hand information on this. Disclaimer complete!
    10-10-08 12:59 PM
    Haha, true. Nickel and Dime you to death. I'm surprised VZW doesn't charge for regular voicemail or call waiting or call forwarding.....
    Last I checked Verizon is intending to make a profit off of it's services. Get off the nickel and dime quote, AT&T, Sprint, T-mobile, would ALL do it if they could. It's good business, and makes sense, you get what you pay for, it's the nickel and diming that allows verizon to invest probably double what AT&T does in it's network, and be the first choice for phones like the I-phone and the Storm, because the network is portrayed **To each their own I know** as a better network. It's that nickel and diming that pays the trainers to train the employees to give the better customer satisfaction ratings. That same nickel and diming that pays the network technicians, deploy portable cell towers in crisis situations where other carriers are deemed useless. **Katrina anyone?**

I'm not saying I LIKE paying money for everything, but I expect to get charged so a company can make money and stay in business and provide me what I want.

So yeah, they nickel and dime, but to many people look at it from a negative perspective, try to look at it in the positive. No reason to give away the farm when you can just sell the cow.
    10-10-08 01:50 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD