The Storm 2 is now down to $149.00 on vzw's web site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 07:32 AM
    Wowzers. Good news... Especially since it coincides, and possibly reinforces, what salomondrin twittered and posted regarding the storm 3. It would only make sense that they would drop the price of the existing line....

06-28-10 08:49 AM
    Thank you for the notice. I called Verizon and got the $30 credit on my daughter's phone that was purchased 15 days ago.

Prices go up and they go down. From April 1 - May 10 of this year the Storm 2 was priced at $99.99 w/a BOGO then it went up to $179.99 now it is down to $149.99. I am sure there is no correlation of the introduction of the Storm 3, but who knows anything is possible.
    06-28-10 09:34 AM
    I don't remember the storm 2 at $99.00 ever! I think you are refering to the original storm.

06-28-10 09:53 AM
    I don't remember the storm 2 at $99.00 ever! I think you are refering to the original storm.

you haven't been paying attention.

read this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ta...9-99-a-443689/
    06-28-10 09:58 AM
    There is a difference between a "sale" and a "price drop" (although I'm not sure if that is the case here...I haven't been paying attention either).

Often though, a permanent price price drop is indication that they are trying to rid themselves of inventory and preparing to offer a new premium model, which will debut at higher price levels.

I still find it a little odd, however, that there has been almost no info on a Storm 3, leaked or otherwise, at this time. I'm not holding my breath...
    06-28-10 10:07 AM
    I just hope rim gives us the web kit browser for the storm 2.

06-28-10 10:23 AM
    I just hope rim gives us the web kit browser for the storm 2.

and I hope the antenna in the Storm 3 isn't a stainless steel band around the edge of the phone...
    06-28-10 10:25 AM
    and I hope the antenna in the Storm 3 isn't a stainless steel band around the edge of the phone...
    Way to go, Apple!

I'm not an iPhone hater or anything, but that is a major flaw right there...
    06-28-10 10:27 AM
    Way to go, Apple!

I'm not an iPhone hater or anything, but that is a major flaw right there...
    yup, yet you still have many of the diehard fanbois claiming that a software update is going to fix it. sigh.
    06-28-10 10:30 AM
    yup, yet you still have many of the diehard fanbois claiming that a software update is going to fix it. sigh.
    Exactly; the die-hard Applers will probably believe an update will be the magic bullet. However, I'll believe it when I see it. I don't see how anything short of a revamped antenna design can fix that.
    06-28-10 11:45 AM
    I got my S2 for $99 a few moths ago.
    06-28-10 11:54 AM
    Exactly; the die-hard Applers will probably believe an update will be the magic bullet. However, I'll believe it when I see it. I don't see how anything short of a revamped antenna design can fix that.
    By now, I guess they have hit the 2 million mark sold, so I can't envision Apple doing a recall on the hardware. Jobs will probably just hold a press conference like when he railed on and on about how bad Flash is, to convince users that they MUST change how they hold their phones, because "other phones also have reception issues when held in a certain fashion". Just watch--he will convince the apple faithful that he speaks an undeniable truth, and they will comply like the good little lemming-sheep that they are.
    06-28-10 11:55 AM
    When the Storm 2 first came out there very few us that believed a software update could fix screen-click issues...

Obviously this is a different issue entirely, I'm just sayin'...
    06-28-10 12:05 PM
    When the Storm 2 first came out there very few us that believed a software update could fix screen-click issues...

I agree; it will be interesting to see how this issue continues to unfold. Hopefully Jobs will have a better answer than "you're holding it wrong" soon for all the people that ran out to buy the new iPhone.
    06-28-10 12:31 PM

You left out some pertinent info about Storm screen issues.

First of all, the S1, while a noble and brave experiment, showed that the one button idea (with a sloppy sideways moving screen with no multitouch) was just a beginning salvo into the idea of touch/click technology. No amount of software revisions could solve the underlying limitations of the S1's screen.

The S2 got a revision, giving us the silicone damper (or whatever the heck they are) actuators, so not even all S2's are identical--hardware wise.

The physical touching of an antenna isn't something that's likely to be resolved with radio tweaks, within the iPhone's software. Apple may need to ramp up production of their "bumpers" and provide them for free. A solution that I personally think sucks, but whatever.
    06-28-10 12:47 PM
    You left out some pertinent info about Storm screen issues.

First of all, the S1, while a noble and brave experiment, showed that the one button idea (with a sloppy sideways moving screen with no multitouch) was just a beginning salvo into the idea of touch/click technology. No amount of software revisions could solve the underlying limitations of the S1's screen.

The S2 got a revision, giving us the silicone damper (or whatever the heck they are) actuators, so not even all S2's are identical--hardware wise.

The physical touching of an antenna isn't something that's likely to be resolved with radio tweaks, within the iPhone's software. Apple may need to ramp up production of their "bumpers" and provide them for free. A solution that I personally think sucks, but whatever.
    I didn't really leave it out...I was just trying to be intentionally snarky, lighten the mood if you will.
    06-28-10 02:38 PM
    I didn't really leave it out...I was just trying to be intentionally snarky, lighten the mood if you will.
    My mood is so light I have to tether myself to keep from floating skyward!

(I didn't think you were being snarky, btw)
    06-28-10 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD