Ok so ive had the strom from the first day. i hated it but the updates made it great. I was running .09 and loving it but then i saw .114 and thought why not install it its the newest one. Ever since i installed it i cant hear my phone calls! not on handset or speaker. so i downgraded it back to .09 and problem persists! i wipe my phone and put .075 back on and it works fine except .075 sucks! i update it again to .09 and .114 and same thing! really making me hate the storm!
    03-17-09 07:58 PM
    Is your phone showing a headset plugged in? I know some people were having problems with this.
    What they had to do is make a call and them plug/unplug the headset in. And that usually fixed the problem for good.

Hope that works for you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 08:02 PM
    i did that to no avail
    03-17-09 08:11 PM
    i did that to no avail
    Ok does it show the headset being plugged in?

03-17-09 08:13 PM
    Ok so ive had the strom from the first day. i hated it but the updates made it great. I was running .09 and loving it but then i saw .114 and thought why not install it its the newest one. Ever since i installed it i cant hear my phone calls! not on handset or speaker. so i downgraded it back to .09 and problem persists! i wipe my phone and put .075 back on and it works fine except .075 sucks! i update it again to .09 and .114 and same thing! really making me hate the storm!
    Ouch, that is not good at all. I do have a clue why your BB would be behaving that way. That really bites.
    03-17-09 08:16 PM
    i did that to no avail
    Ok try this thread pay special attention to the last couple of posts

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/stuck-headset-mode-182715/

03-17-09 08:17 PM
    it worked!thank u!
    03-17-09 09:14 PM
    it worked!thank u!
    Great I am glad you got it fixed.

03-17-09 09:18 PM
    was it a battery pull?
    03-17-09 09:28 PM
    Removing the back cover and the battery and putting back in is a battery pull. Kinda like a hard reset.

03-17-09 09:34 PM
    I was having similar issues after installing .114 - I tried a hybrid which turned out working awesome! Here's the link

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ne...-great-181926/
    03-17-09 09:38 PM
    Removing the back cover and the battery and putting back in is a battery pull. Kinda like a hard reset.

Lol the question was "was IT a batt pull" not "what IS a batt pull"

03-17-09 09:38 PM
    *Deleted*.
    but you also have a slow buggy storm. ours are less buggy... but much more amazing than .75
    03-17-09 11:35 PM
    Going back to .75 to restore functionality and then back up to .90 and staying there would have put you right back where you started. Uping again to 114 the second time is what causes you the same problems. It's a well known fact that different handsets behave differently with each OS. This is one big secret that RIM isn't coming off of. I believe it's because they are using DNA based circuitry in their devices.
    03-17-09 11:44 PM
    *Deleted*.
    1) Nice 2nd post. Good way to introduce yourself to the community.

2) You have no idea what you're talking about.

c) Welcome!!
    03-17-09 11:54 PM
    The fix is easy. I have helped 2 other people fix with the same problem. Stick in your headset spin the connector, take it out. Listen to music plug in a headset take it out. This should work. It happens on A LOT of electronic devices.
    03-17-09 11:55 PM
    1) Nice 2nd post. Good way to introduce yourself to the community.

2) You have no idea what you're talking about.

c) Welcome!!
    This has nothing to do with a leaked OS. His problem is fixed through the method I just gave him. This problem occurs in MANY electronic devices.
    03-17-09 11:56 PM
    Keep it clean... thanks!
    03-18-09 12:14 AM
    hmm that really sucks
    03-18-09 04:20 AM
    I know this was said half jokingly but it does appear that there is some truth to it. What is the cause? Is it because of what programs are on there or some other reason? Thanks

Going back to .75 to restore functionality and then back up to .90 and staying there would have put you right back where you started. Uping again to 114 the second time is what causes you the same problems. It's a well known fact that different handsets behave differently with each OS. This is one big secret that RIM isn't coming off of. I believe it's because they are using DNA based circuitry in their devices.
    03-18-09 07:31 AM
    I know this was said half jokingly but it does appear that there is some truth to it. What is the cause? Is it because of what programs are on there or some other reason? Thanks

It is not so much that the devices react differently as it is each device has different programs installed on it that work with these OS's. the other variable is person setting, people that are set in their ways and they react differently to the OS's as well.

03-18-09 07:46 AM
    It is not so much that the devices react differently as it is each device has different programs installed on it that work with these OS's. the other variable is person setting, people that are set in their ways and they react differently to the OS's as well.

this right here.
    03-18-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD