I've had my Storm since launch and it's exhausting being a Storm owner. My most recent issue is that pressing on the screen occationally activates other areas on the screen. For example, I'll press the "q" key, but it is highlighting the "p" button. Or in the dialer, I press the "4" button only to find it highlighting the "#" key and if I push the mis-highlighted key, it activates the wrong button.

There have been times where the phone is unusable because of this. It suddenly stops and I have a working phone again. Also, typing is hit and miss. Sometimes, pressing a letter does not register the letter and I have to press it multiple times. If I were to have done this post on the phone, it would have taken two or three years.

Does this ever happen to anyone else? I presently have .114 running, but this has been a problem through 3 OS updates. It is the beta updates doing something weird to my phone?

thx in advance!
    03-14-09 05:34 PM
    Doesn't happen to me. Could it be that ur just fat fingering the keys?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 07:39 PM
    my fingers aren't fat enough to press the "p" and "q" key at the same time. Same thing with the "#" and "4" key...
    03-14-09 09:07 PM
    I've had my Storm since launch and it's exhausting being a Storm owner. My most recent issue is that pressing on the screen occationally activates other areas on the screen. For example, I'll press the "q" key, but it is highlighting the "p" button. Or in the dialer, I press the "4" button only to find it highlighting the "#" key and if I push the mis-highlighted key, it activates the wrong button.

There have been times where the phone is unusable because of this. It suddenly stops and I have a working phone again. Also, typing is hit and miss. Sometimes, pressing a letter does not register the letter and I have to press it multiple times. If I were to have done this post on the phone, it would have taken two or three years.

Does this ever happen to anyone else? I presently have .114 running, but this has been a problem through 3 OS updates. It is the beta updates doing something weird to my phone?

thx in advance!
    i would go back to .75 and if it continues for a few more days on .75 then take it into Verizon and ask them for help.
    03-14-09 09:17 PM

thx in advance!
    Is it plugged in with a non OEM charger when it does this? If it does that's your problem! Hope this helps.

03-14-09 09:34 PM
    That doesn't happen to me. Interesting... You could try reinstalling the os but if that doesn't work take it back to verizon

03-14-09 11:42 PM
    Happened to me. Had to send for a replacement.
    03-14-09 11:52 PM
    The only time I find that happens to me is when my other thumb in on the screen and I don't realize it. When I'm typing fast is when it happens, so I think its just me getting ahead of myself
    03-14-09 11:52 PM
    Make sure that your screen is clean. Ive found that sometimes if there is dirt or something else on your screen the phone thinks it is being touched in multiple places.
    03-14-09 11:58 PM
    Make sure that your screen is clean. Ive found that sometimes if there is dirt or something else on your screen the phone thinks it is being touched in multiple places.
    how does that happen? the screen is a heat sensor not touch..........
    03-15-09 12:44 AM
    The only time I find that happens to me is when my other thumb in on the screen and I don't realize it. When I'm typing fast is when it happens, so I think its just me getting ahead of myself
    ya i have this happen A LOT
    03-15-09 12:45 AM
    Maybe ut is yourdevice. Lol storm fast typingheer.

03-15-09 12:55 AM
    yes it happens to me...i always have have to tap the screen first before pressing it
    03-15-09 12:58 AM
    I have the problem where it's hard to get the keys to highlight in blue, and sometimes when I am deleting something it will turn blue but not register the click no matter how hard I click it. It sucks but usually a battery pull will fix it for a while.

I have had this problem since .75 and am now on the new hybrid and my original phone did this too, (returned my 1st storm and got another brand new replacement).
    03-15-09 07:26 AM
    Don't press the screen harder that's probably not helping ur situation and how hard u press doesn't really matter as long as the button presses.

03-15-09 11:12 AM
    The store was able to replicate the problem and a replacement is on the way.
    03-15-09 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD