Hi, and firstly, apologies if this has been asked a hundred times, but I can't find any threads with this exact problem.

I have had my Storm 9500 for two days, and have installed some additional MP3 ringtones, but I still want to use some of the default pre-installed tones for calendar and other alerts.

When I try to select one of the pre-installed tones, nothing is heard, either when hovering, or by using the Try It button, but if I select one of my own MP3 ringtones, it plays fine. The pre-installed tones worked perfectly at first.

I've been through all of the settings I can think of, but nothing seems to rectify this. I have taken out the battery for 30 secs, and replaced, but still no pre-installed tones.

If I go into the folders on the PC, by using the MMS function, the 'Ringtones' folder contains my own MP3, but none of the default tones. Is this correct?

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.
    05-15-09 05:40 PM
    I would suggest maybe to re-install the OS your currently wanting to use. Might (rare chance) be that you have corrupt audio files? You aren't using a hybrid of any sort im assuming (No Shrunken OS)? Back Up your 9500 using DM and then do a complete wipe. Re-install what ever OS your planning on running and then restore what you backed up.

Good Luck, and PM me if you need further assistance.
    05-15-09 06:00 PM
    Thanks for the reply. How do you actually do a complete wipe? Would that also rid me of the Vodafone splashscreen on start and shutdown?

I've just gone back to the previous software version, and the sounds worked again, then reinstalled the latest version, and they've gone, so it's definitely something to do with the latest Vodafone UK software version.
    05-15-09 06:26 PM
    did you delete your sample wallpapers...?
    05-16-09 12:20 AM
    I've only had it a couple of days, so I'm still finding these things out. Will delete wallpaper with next re-install.
    05-16-09 05:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD