Telesales just told me that just because you received a flyer does not guarrantee early upgrade! It is based on your when your upgrade eligibility and that they can only go up to 60 days prior to the actual date.
    11-16-08 05:36 PM
    That's not what the flyer says. There is mention of any restrictions.

I doubt vzw would try to pull that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 06:14 PM
    I think before it's all over, one of the "telesales" or "marketing" folks is going to tell someone that they have to trade in their first-born child in order for the flyer deal to be honored.

It seems that the common thread here is that if you talk to Customer Service you get one consistent answer that they flyer is real, does not have any hidden or unusual restrictions, and will be honored so long as you bring it to the store with you (just like the flyer says). If you talk to anyone other than customer service, then you will get a different answer every time.

The bottom line is that the customer service folks have actual literature in their system that tells them exactly the official answers regarding inquiries into the flyer in question (just as they also have common responses and procedures for troubleshooting and fixing problems when such calls come in). If you aren't talking to Customer Service, then you aren't talking to someone who is in a position to answer your questions regarding the flyer.

It would stand to reason that telesales folks wouldn't know the first thing about this flyer because the flyer specifically says that you have to bring it to the store for the deal to be offered. If you in telesales, noone is going to be able to physically bring you a flyer, are they? So, telesales folks are unaffected by this offer.

-SR-
    11-16-08 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD