02-03-09 11:40 AM
    pretty please!!!!
    backsidetailslide AT mac.com
    02-03-09 11:42 AM
    Darn.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-03-09 11:43 AM
    I get an error code after I get a location and try to Map all. It will map it but not map all. any ideas?
    Hi - We'll troubleshoot this for you if you can provide some additional details: What is the error code? Can you recreate the error and let us know exactly what you clicked and in what sequence?

You can either reply here or send an email to [email protected].

Thanks!
    Poynt Support Team
    02-03-09 12:30 PM
    Hi - We'll troubleshoot this for you if you can provide some additional details: What is the error code? Can you recreate the error and let us know exactly what you clicked and in what sequence?

You can either reply here or send an email to [email protected].

Thanks!
    Poynt Support Team
    What's up with closing the beta? Any chance of getting in?
    02-03-09 12:38 PM
    What's up with closing the beta? Any chance of getting in?
    the beta was a closed beta to start with. one of the participants posted the direct download leak.

it's alot easier to beta test and keep track of issues with a smaller sample size...
    02-03-09 12:58 PM
    the beta was a closed beta to start with. one of the participants posted the direct download leak.

it's alot easier to beta test and keep track of issues with a smaller sample size...
    Ok, I understand. Just get excited with new programs I feel would be usefull.
    02-03-09 01:05 PM
    Word. Any idea when it will be released?

02-03-09 02:25 PM
    I get an error code after I get a location and try to Map all. It will map it but not map all. any ideas?
    Hi - we'd be happy to help troubleshoot this if you can provide some additional details: What was the error code? Are you able to recreate the error? If so, please let us know what you typed and clicked, in the order you performed them.

You can either reply here or send an email to [email protected], referencing this post.

Thanks in advance for your help as we move beyond beta.

Best,
    Poynt Support Team
    02-03-09 03:03 PM
    This app does work really well. I used it a lot on my wife's 8800..did not run on verizon's 8830 at that time.

Is anyone able to watch the entire trailer online? or do you have to save it first to be able to watch it? my stream freezes randomly and I have not been able to see a trailer completely.

Other than that, this works as advertised.
    02-03-09 03:07 PM
    This app does work really well. I used it a lot on my wife's 8800..did not run on verizon's 8830 at that time.

Is anyone able to watch the entire trailer online? or do you have to save it first to be able to watch it? my stream freezes randomly and I have not been able to see a trailer completely.

Other than that, this works as advertised.
    I just open it up, and poof
    There it goes.
    02-03-09 04:09 PM
    i feel like a moron. won download for me. error 404. and mypoynt says it detected i have storm and no software is out for it
    02-03-09 04:32 PM
    aha just read closed beta
    02-03-09 04:35 PM
    I received the following email from poynt this evening.

Hi Dale,

After a long development cycle, we’re happy to say that Poynt for the BlackBerry Storm is almost ready for primetime.

Your enthusiasm for the availability of Poynt for the Storm didn’t go unnoticed. We’ve selected you as one of fifteen of our users to test the application before it’s released to the rest of the world. We’re looking for your input to ensure it’s an application that you like and will use. And, we’d like to hear about your experience.

Specific items we’re interested in:

- Overall performance and reliability

- UI performance, speed

- Ease of navigation, touch responsiveness

- Were you able to receive GPS (green indicator) and Cell-site (blue indicator) locations?

- Do the movie trailers play well?

- Does Poynt enhance the touch experience of the Storm?

- Are there any specific requests for features that weren’t included?

- Do you see this as an improvement over the Poynt application on other BlackBerry devices?

- Any bugs that you ran across or unexpected occurrences?

We’re planning a wider release later this week, and would really be honored to hear what you think of Poynt for the BlackBerry Storm. So, if you have some time, download it OTA from your BlackBerry browser http://m.mypoynt.com/rim123/storm/. Any feedback you provide before Thursday, February 5 will be taken into consideration for the wider release.

Please note that this release is for the BlackBerry Storm only.

Thanks in advance,

Poynt Support Team

Shortly after this, I received another, with the complete URL in it, but I still get the 404 error when I try and DL it. Has anyone had success with this link?

http://m.mypoynt.com/rim123/storm/Poynt.jad

I got this too. You weren't supposed to do that. Its a private beta group, not a million person beta group. I wrote review on it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ha...14/index2.html
    02-03-09 04:57 PM
    I got this too. You weren't supposed to do that. Its a private beta group, not a million person beta group. I wrote review on it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ha...14/index2.html
    heh... too late, he already did it.

02-03-09 06:29 PM
    Pros:
    - Good performance and excellent reliability
    - Excellent graphics, animation and icon
    - Good layout and good, efficient functionality
    - Provides distance to search results
    - Easy to switch locations
    - Movie finder engine is nice; offers trailers (but in downloadable format)
    - Utilizes clear BB-style map with GPS enabled

Cons (Beta issues):
    - Less comprehensive and slower search results than Beyond411 (appears to use less search engines)
    - No search suggestions
    - No search history/log
    - BUG: Distance To/From does not appear to currently function properly

This is a very beautiful and smoothly functioning application. However, I am able to find better results and faster with Beyond411 although Beyond411 does not show the distance to the results and is not GPS enabled yet. Some of my specific searches showed no results on Poynt where it did on Beyond411. The search suggestions on Beyond411 are very useful. Every time a repeat search is done, the word needs to be inputted again on Poynt whereas on B44, it doesn't since it memorizes old searches and also offers suggestions.

The application is far nicer with Poynt but the searches are more efficient and faster with Beyond411.

Beyond411 has such an ugly icon and average looking interface that it makes me want to delete it, but its hard to let go since it simply just works better when looking for something. This will be a tough choice once B411 updates it icon, interface and GPS capability.
    Last edited by wentouch; 02-03-09 at 07:32 PM.
    02-03-09 07:28 PM
    The page you are trying to load can not be found

I think the leak has been plugged.
    +1 yes that is what it looks like has happened. Since it was only suppose to be for a select few 15 it seems like.
    02-03-09 09:33 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD