I updated Poynt and now my local theater doesn't show up. It worked fine before the update. I sent them an email but never heard back. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 12:51 PM
    which update did you go to?
    05-25-09 01:17 PM

05-25-09 02:15 PM
    hm, that's what i'm at and it works fine...you didn't change any settings since you installed the update?

i'm not sure if this affects it, but do you have your GPS set to location on or e911 only?
    05-25-09 02:55 PM
    No I didn't change anything. I've tried it using my gps and manually typing in my address. I even uninstalled it reinstalled it. This is very frustrating.

05-25-09 04:36 PM
    ok, just making sure i was being clear...

go to options > advanced options > GPS

make sure GPS Services is set to 'location on' and location aiding is set to 'enabled'

then do a battery pull and see if it's still doing it

you may have already done this but i wasn't very clear in the earlier post so i was just making sure
    05-25-09 05:13 PM
    also, in poynt, go to options-settings

my settings are:

mapping: blackberry maps (if you do not have blackberry maps you may need to switch this to google maps if you downloaded that)
    search radius: 100
    search radius units: mi

those are about the only things i can think of

then i just click on the top and click on my GPS location
    05-25-09 05:16 PM
    oh, and i'm guessing by your screenname that your in tenn so location shouldn't be an issue, esp since it worked in the earlier version
    05-25-09 05:16 PM
    I've been having the same problem since I went to .148. Also dynostorm no longer works...
    05-25-09 07:00 PM
    I've been having the same problem since I went to .148. Also dynostorm no longer works...
    Neither does Weatherbug (at least not the My Location feature) I went back to .75 and everything functions again. Trying to get back to .141 now.
    05-26-09 12:22 AM
    This might be a stupid question - but did that theater go out of business?

The reason I ask is that this very situation came up for me using Poynt a few months ago, and it turned out the reason the closest theater to me wasn't showing up anymore....WAS THAT IT WAS CLOSED.

So it might be worth checking out.
    05-26-09 05:51 AM
    This might be a stupid question - but did that theater go out of business?

The reason I ask is that this very situation came up for me using Poynt a few months ago, and it turned out the reason the closest theater to me wasn't showing up anymore....WAS THAT IT WAS CLOSED.

So it might be worth checking out.
    No, the theater is still in business. It has to be somehow correlated with the update.

Weatherbug still works fine for me though.
    05-26-09 02:10 PM
    Here's my update. Poynt corrected itself. My local theaters are back. I updated dynostorm, and now it works fine. I never had a problem with weatherbug.
    05-27-09 06:32 PM
    I heard back from poynt yesterday and they said this was an issue they were looking into. I just checked my poynt and my local theater was back as well! Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited by tenngirl27; 05-27-09 at 10:07 PM.
    05-27-09 10:05 PM
    ha, sorry we couldn't help anymore, seems like it was some sort of temporary glitch for certain locations?
    05-28-09 01:09 AM
    Over the weekend my local Carmike Cinemas dropped off the list as well. Perhaps it was an issue with the database that Poynt references.

05-28-09 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD