Always the classic fix!
    Not this time.....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR THIS IS MAKING ME MAD. It's the ONLY thing I have really had any trouble with so far.
    11-22-08 10:02 PM
    is there anyway to close google talk and operamini? basically having slowdown issues with apps running in the background
    11-22-08 10:03 PM
    Not this time.....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR THIS IS MAKING ME MAD. It's the ONLY thing I have really had any trouble with so far.
    Dawn...are you on a BES? The last thing I can think of is a problem with permissions. There is a module burried deep in the applications menu that may be denying the 'wakeup' of the phone. 2 options...wipe the handheld and start over or contact a level 2 vzw bb rep or your system admin. If you are not on a BES than I am out of ideas. Sorry
    11-22-08 10:12 PM
    Has anyone tried viewing an excel spreadsheet in Sheet to Go? I can pull up my file but the keyboard wont go away. Theres no option in the menu and I tried doing the keyboard swipe. No luck. Any help would be appreciated.
    Anyone....?
    11-22-08 10:14 PM
    Anyone....?
    Just viewed a spreadsheet and my keyboard was not visable...think it was read only. When you open through the applications folder have you tried clicking the bb key before you open the sheet and clicking hide keyboard?
    11-22-08 10:23 PM
    does anyone else have a problem with the ringers? my phone rings once then they is about a 4 second delay then rings again. so basically only rings twice b4 its a missed call?????
    I'm having the same trouble....long pause between two rings and then to voicemail ????
    11-22-08 10:25 PM
    I'm having the same trouble....long pause between two rings and then to voicemail ????
    yep that sucks...will be addressed in update. Google vibandring, helps a little...
    11-22-08 10:27 PM
    My "TASKS" aren't in that applications folder.....anyone else missing theirs?
    No my tasks are there. Maybe it is hidden. When in the applications folder click the BB button and click show all, see if that helps. If not, Not sure.
    11-22-08 10:47 PM
    is there anyway to close google talk and operamini? basically having slowdown issues with apps running in the background

I'm not sure about Opera Mini but for Google talk I had to sign out my account for it to close completely
    11-22-08 10:59 PM
    yep that sucks...will be addressed in update. Google vibandring, helps a little...
    Thanks Justin...where do I get this...?
    11-22-08 11:11 PM
    how to i open email attatchment?? it says my blackberry can't read it! (.xls)
    Have you installes Documents to Go. The program comes preloaded, but it's not installed yet. The first time you try to use Docs to Go (click on excel in Applications) it will start the install. If you have already done that, then I don't know.
    11-22-08 11:14 PM
    Just viewed a spreadsheet and my keyboard was not visable...think it was read only. When you open through the applications folder have you tried clicking the bb key before you open the sheet and clicking hide keyboard?
    Thanks for the response. Tried messing around with that option in the app folder but nothing. Same thing happens in Word to Go. Anyone else with this problem?
    11-22-08 11:17 PM
    No my tasks are there. Maybe it is hidden. When in the applications folder click the BB button and click show all, see if that helps. If not, Not sure.
    Found it, thank you! It was in my application folder, somehow my eyes missed it.
    11-22-08 11:17 PM
    How do i open my .xls email attatchment??? it wont let me and i have docs to go!
    Docs to go comes preloaded, but not installed. If you go to the applications folder (Not the one with the yellow thing in the middle) and click on Excel, it will start the install.
    11-22-08 11:20 PM
    My world lives and dies with the "Tasks" portion of my WM Treo. I played with the Storm today but couldn't find any "Tasks" function. Did I MISS it, or is it not present? No Task functionality would be a killer for me.
    Sorry if someone already responded, but tasks is in the applicatons folder
    11-22-08 11:41 PM
    i think i got a faulty battery, its only been about 20 hrs and my phone is completely dead with minimum usage
    11-22-08 11:48 PM
    Thanks for the response. Tried messing around with that option in the app folder but nothing. Same thing happens in Word to Go. Anyone else with this problem?
    Finally figured it out! It was something I messed with earlier in the Options - advanced - applications - docs to go settings. lol.
    11-22-08 11:57 PM
    I've read so many posts today I can't remember where I saw this topic, so sorry for the double post. When my phone is plugged in (the wall charger) it will not ring. For text it defaults to bb tones. All sounds are on and memory card is all allow. I guess ringers and sounds are a definite problem here.
    11-23-08 12:07 AM
    Where can I download more themes. I was hoping this would come with a Today + theme or something.....

I miss my trackball, I think!
    Good question...plus I wanted to add in there...I MISS MY TRACKBALL TOO!!!
    11-23-08 12:24 AM
    Gang,

Maybe I'm just blind (or dumb) but I can't figure out how to add a new contact from a SMS. For example, a friend w/ a new phone number txt'ed me his new number, can I add that as a contact? I know I can do it from a phone call?
    Cheers!
    11-23-08 12:28 AM
    how did you get the crackberry icon on your BB?
    11-23-08 12:43 AM
    I understand how to choose different profiles, but how do you customize them? When I change one, they all change to the same thing...ie. I want "loud" to vibrate in the holster and ring outside, I want "normal" to ring in or out of the holster, etc. I see these options, but can't change the profiles individually.....therefore "silent" has the same setting as "loud"....not so good for meetings.
    11-23-08 12:47 AM
    I've got a few questions...

1. I have a bunch of ringtones from my 8830 saved in a folder on my pc. Before I used to be able to just drag and drop from windows explorer straight to the media card and then that would show up on my bb. This does not seem to work with the storm. Any tips on transferring files to the media card? And what's up with the hidden files on the media card when viewing on the pc. Both the device and the media card show no items when viewing from my pc.

2. Don't know if this is a verizon-specific problem but much like my 8830 from verizon, my storm also seems to leak memory. Of course, there is more memory to play with on the storm but still... what gives here?

3. Why is there a division between file memory and device memory? What does this mean anyway?

4. My led and tone for messages come in and out. Not sure why either. Could this be a reading of the media card mistake or do I have to keep pulling the battery? Is there a way to do a soft reset that might also correct this problem?

5. Anyone else experiencing sucky battery use? Mine is quite fleeting.

6. I've set my device to not confirm deletes but each time I delete a message I get a message asking to delete. what gives here?

7. And finally (I hope) I have 1 with a tape next to in right under the time on the home screen. It's been there since I got it and wont go away. I have no new voice messages, or visual voice messages or any messages of any kind. It's just there and wont go away. I am assuming that it means voice mail but... who knows why it's there.

8. One more thing... this morning I could view pics from an attachment (jpeg) and now I cannot. Anyone else having a pic-specific problem with email messages? If so, any solutions?

thanks in advance folks!
    Last edited by Rooster; 11-23-08 at 01:06 AM.
    11-23-08 12:50 AM
    thanks
    sorry for the repeat question
    11-23-08 12:50 AM
    Gang,

Maybe I'm just blind (or dumb) but I can't figure out how to add a new contact from a SMS. For example, a friend w/ a new phone number txt'ed me his new number, can I add that as a contact? I know I can do it from a phone call?
    Cheers!
    11-23-08 01:09 AM
2,290 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD