Options > About
    It doesn't list the PIN in mine in About.
    11-22-08 04:14 PM
    Can you change a icon that BB has given. I setup a new email account for Verizon.net and BB gave it a yahoo icon.

Thanks
    Arnie
    11-22-08 04:49 PM
    It's in Options/Status
    11-22-08 05:01 PM
    My bad.

Options > Status
    11-22-08 05:15 PM
    Quick Random Storm Question - here goes - visting a web site that requires you to enter user id - how the heck do you tab over to th field to type?
    11-22-08 05:41 PM
    Hmmm, then what is the "maps" app I found. It seemd to lock on my location when I went to advance options and changed the GPS location to "location on"

Also, any free apps that will have a 'follow me' type mode?

I still love google maps for finding things, but it doesnt seem do the gps thing, just the nearest tower
    When I first got my storm there was no BB Maps app. I decided to try Google Maps so I downloaded it. After downloading it, the BB Maps icon showed up in the Applications folder along with Facebook and Flickr (neither of which were there before either). Not sure what's up with that but I read in another thread of someone else having BB Maps appear after dl'ing Google Maps.
    11-22-08 05:46 PM
    I received an email, from my Yahoo account, to my Storm with a PDF attachment. I tried to open the attachment but it said "This attachment type cannot be viewed on your device."
    I was told that I can open and download pdf files.
    Any ideas?
    11-22-08 05:51 PM
    last night i accidentally discovered that you can "hover" your finger over a message, for example - for about 5 or 6 seconds and it will go to a screen showing all activity with that particular person. as in texts, calls, etc.

i couldn't get this feature to work today. what am i doing wrong as opposed to last night?
    11-22-08 07:52 PM
    ^^^^^^^^^ you just touch either the subject or name hold for 3 sec and it will search and give you everything for it
    11-22-08 07:54 PM
    ^^^^^ remember this only works in your messages folder and not your sms and mms
    11-22-08 08:09 PM
    ^^^ nm i take that back haha it just worked on my sms mms folder
    11-22-08 08:09 PM
    I think I've got my problem pinpointed down...

When the phone is both in and out of the holster, and has gone into "sleep" mode, I'm not getting any audible alerts for messages...sms, mms or anything. I do get the LED lighting up to indicate a new message.

I've triple checked all my settings. And it happens no matter which profile I use. Anyone having the same trouble? Anyone find a way to fix it?
    11-22-08 08:38 PM
    DawnGP143
    CrackBerry User
    Device Model: 8130 (Pearl)
    Carrier: Verizon Join Date: Jun 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I've got my problem pinpointed down...

When the phone is both in and out of the holster, and has gone into "sleep" mode, I'm not getting any audible alerts for messages...sms, mms or anything. I do get the LED lighting up to indicate a new message.

I've triple checked all my settings. And it happens no matter which profile I use. Anyone having the same trouble? Anyone find a way to fix it?
    If you scroll to the bottom of the profiles and select 'select ring tones/alerts', click on phone and you will see an option 'sound in holster'. Make sure that is set to yes.
    11-22-08 08:54 PM
    After composing a message...sms or email...double click the bb button to send. Avoids having to click bb then navigating and hitting send.
    11-22-08 08:56 PM
    I'm having trouble pressing buttons on websites (like SIGN IN buttons). When I try to tap the screen, it zooms in rather than clicking the button. Pressing down on the screen doesn't help either. Anyone else?
    As the browser zooms in the "button" or hyperlink should get bigger. When it does "hover" your finger and wait for either the hyperlink to to become blue (indicating selection) and then press down on the screen. For buttons...I have had success pushing then once they are larger. Also make sure javascript is enabled to prompt in the browser options by hitting the bb button, scrolling and selecting options and making sure that box is checked.
    11-22-08 09:03 PM
    If you scroll to the bottom of the profiles and select 'select ring tones/alerts', click on phone and you will see an option 'sound in holster'. Make sure that is set to yes.
    It was already set that way....still no good.
    11-22-08 09:12 PM
    Anyone having this problem, it keeps rebooting...
    11-22-08 09:17 PM
    Has anyone tried viewing an excel spreadsheet in Sheet to Go? I can pull up my file but the keyboard wont go away. Theres no option in the menu and I tried doing the keyboard swipe. No luck. Any help would be appreciated.
    11-22-08 09:22 PM
    It was already set that way....still no good.
    Could be in 'bedside mode'. Click bb button then clock then bb button. If it says exit bedside mode click that.
    11-22-08 09:27 PM
    on the home screen in applications(the one with the folder not the yellow thing in the middle of it)

My "TASKS" aren't in that applications folder.....anyone else missing theirs?
    11-22-08 09:28 PM
    Could be in 'bedside mode'. Click bb button then clock then bb button. If it says exit bedside mode click that.
    Nope...not that either.
    11-22-08 09:34 PM
    Nope...not that either.
    Mine did the same thing earlier did an old fashioned battery pull. It worked fine after that. Hope it workd for you.
    11-22-08 09:36 PM
    Nope...not that either.
    Obvious questions...have you tried your speakerphone? Could it be a bad speaker (doubtful I know). Also...have you pulled your battery to do a hard reset? I am running out of ideas!!!
    11-22-08 09:37 PM
    Mine did the same thing earlier did an old fashioned battery pull. It worked fine after that. Hope it workd for you.
    Always the classic fix!
    11-22-08 09:38 PM
    geezzzzz! I also had a few of the same questions and have figured them out but I am wondering if some of the propblems will be fixed with the OS update? Thankfully mione has the latest update and I am not having near the problems as some. Just had to learnto navigate throught the system. Good Luck. I am loving it.
    11-22-08 09:54 PM
2,290 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD