Many websites recognize my phone as being from Canada. Is there any way to change it so that site recognize it as a US phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 11:32 PM
    Many websites recognize my phone as being from Canada. Is there any way to change it so that sites recognize it as a US phone?
    Don't have details but i think it's b/c of routing thru Canada about which u can do nothing.
    07-20-09 11:49 PM
    on the storm when i go into my call log and click "add to contacts" it always opens a new contact. is there a way to add to an existing contact without copy/paste? i just fond this annoying
    07-21-09 02:26 AM
    @carla77:
    Might be doable w/3rd-party msg app.
    Thanks. Not that big a deal (yet) that I'd get an app.
    07-21-09 07:57 AM
    How do I play my songs in Itunes? I synched it with BlackBerry Manager and I cant find them on the storm...Thanks
    07-21-09 09:35 AM
    on the storm when i go into my call log and click "add to contacts" it always opens a new contact. is there a way to add to an existing contact without copy/paste? i just fond this annoying
    Only with a 3rd party app unfortunately.

07-21-09 10:50 AM
    I know that there has been talk of themes leaking memory. Does anyone know what is the best theme to have that doesn't leak memory
    MIRO is supposed to run great (well written) on all OS's.
    07-21-09 02:11 PM
    From your homescreen, go into the options tab, then highlight and click on security options. Once there, highlight and click general settings, and then press the BB button. The second option should be "wipe handheld'.
    07-21-09 03:34 PM
    From your homescreen, go into the options tab, then highlight and click on security options. Once there, highlight and click general settings, and then press the BB button. The second option should be "wipe handheld'.
    Halloo! 2 whom is this a reply? Wipe thrashes all data/apps on device!
    07-21-09 03:58 PM
    So I upgraded back to .151 and DM recognizes my storm and pin, however my PC refuses to go into Mass Media mode
    07-21-09 06:50 PM
    So I upgraded back to .151 and DM recognizes my storm and pin, however my PC refuses to go into Mass Media mode
    Your pc refuses because technically it already is in Mass Storage Mode. Your Storm, on the other hand, has to be configured. Options>Memory>Mass Media Storage mode set to either Yes or Prompt.

07-21-09 07:44 PM
    Your pc refuses because technically it already is in Mass Storage Mode. Your Storm, on the other hand, has to be configured. Options>Memory>Mass Media Storage mode set to either Yes or Prompt.

That's the thing- It is. Trust me that was the first thing I looked up to do but it still wont either prompt nor automatically enter MMS mode for me.
    07-21-09 07:45 PM
    MIRO is supposed to run great (well written) on all OS's.
    I hate to sound ignorant, "Again" but what is "MIRO". Is that the developer, or the name of the theme. I did a quick search on CB for MIRO and didn't get anything. Thanks for the help.
    07-23-09 01:34 AM
    I downloaded the leaked 5.0 software and now "the application center feature does not refresh..I keep getting an error message advising me "An error occured while updating the aplication list.Error 404"..someone help please
    07-23-09 09:30 PM
    Vista for some reason deleted the drivers for my Storm, now when I connect it to sync outlook the auto play dialog opens for my media card and windows tells me to reinstall the drivers for my phone.

I am running DM 5.0, Vista home premium service pack 2. Xp also had a problem like this. One other thing, I am connecting to the same USB port that I originally installed the phone on because I have found if you move it to another port it will go through the software install process all over again and list it as a new device (XP also has this issue).

What I need is the URL to download the drivers for my phone, or do I simply need to reinstall DM?
    07-27-09 08:18 AM
    Any tips on how much memory is typically consumed by SMS messages? Should they be erased more often than the normal monthly?
    07-28-09 08:00 AM
    does anyone have problem with sound quality witha siedio case
    07-28-09 11:03 AM
    Any tips on how much memory is typically consumed by SMS messages? Should they be erased more often than the normal monthly?
    Options>status>menu>database sizes>sms msgs. Not uncommon practice: read/(reply)>delete.
    07-28-09 11:46 AM
    I hate to sound ignorant "again" but what is "MIRO". Is that the developer, or the name of the theme. I did a quick search on CB for MIRO and didn't get anything. Thanks for the help.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/m-i-r-o-253780/ / CB forums
    Only google is ur friend.
    07-28-09 12:12 PM
    How do I password protect my memos?
    07-28-09 11:55 PM
    Options>status>menu>database sizes>sms msgs. Not uncommon practice: read/(reply)>delete.
    Gotcha thanks a ton still learning the in's and outs of my first BB. How large do you guys let the file size get before deleting it?
    07-29-09 01:35 AM
    How do I password protect my memos?
    Check out > SafeBox@ShopCB
    07-29-09 01:56 AM
    @EG18: i read em n delete.
    07-29-09 01:59 AM
    Anyone figure out how to make the ringer and vibrate turn on together when a call comes in?
    yess...u have to go to the sound profiles and then go to the bottom where it says set ring tones/alers click that and then you are going to have the option if u wether want to put it on vibrate for the calls or msgs.

for example if you u want it to vibrate for the calls just press phone and go down to vibration nd set it to on.

hope this helped!!...
    07-31-09 08:53 PM
    The other day, out of nowhere, my right side convenience key - instead of operating the camera as it is and always has been set to do - started opening up the BlackBerry menu on a half-press, then on a subsequent full-press, it would select the highlighted menu item.

I was running 148, so I upgraded to 151 hoping it would fix the problem...but, no such luck.

I've tried changing its function to other things, and then back to "camera," but no matter what I set it to do, all it will do is open the BlackBerry menu. I had JUST used it earlier that day to take a picture, and it worked fine, and I hadn't changed any of the settings or anything, and hadn't done anything that could have damaged it or caused it to malfunction.

Anybody ever had this problem & know how to fix it, or have any idea what might be the problem?
    07-31-09 11:27 PM
2,290 ... 7172737475 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD