Make sure you click on MOVE TO FOLDER and not just MOVE. I just tried it on mine and it let me move memopad from the apps folder to the home folder.
    Got it, thx
    Last edited by hal1; 11-22-08 at 12:51 AM.
    11-22-08 12:48 AM
    Hey everyone great thread. Is there a way to program a separate ringtone for private or unavailable calls. Usually if I get a call from a private # I'll know by the ring tone and will just screen the call.
    Also is there a way that you can shut off all sound while leaving phone on. On my treo there was a switch on top that would just let me shut all sounds off without turning off device. Thanks in advance.....
    11-22-08 12:55 AM
    Does blackberry maps come preloaded and if so where is it located?
    11-22-08 12:56 AM
    I'm not sure about the first part of your question, but to the part pertaining to the sound, if you click and hold on the little speaker icon to the left of the clock in the home screen, and then select SILENT, it should turn off everything while keeping the phone on.
    11-22-08 12:57 AM
    Does blackberry maps come preloaded and if so where is it located?
    No maps come preloaded. Must be downloaded through internet using BBMaps, google maps, vznavigator, etc.
    11-22-08 12:58 AM
    I'm not sure about the first part of your question, but to the part pertaining to the sound, if you click and hold on the little speaker icon to the left of the clock in the home screen, and then select SILENT, it should turn off everything while keeping the phone on.
    Thanks a lot
    11-22-08 01:02 AM
    No maps come preloaded. Must be downloaded through internet using BBMaps, google maps, vznavigator, etc.
    Hmmm, then what is the "maps" app I found. It seemd to lock on my location when I went to advance options and changed the GPS location to "location on"

Also, any free apps that will have a 'follow me' type mode?

I still love google maps for finding things, but it doesnt seem do the gps thing, just the nearest tower
    11-22-08 01:15 AM
    text messaging-- is there a way to seperate incoming messages from my outgoing messages? on my pearl they were in different folders.
    11-22-08 01:21 AM
    Did you actually go into sound settings and make sure that you have a sound file setup for your messages?
    Sure did...it even works when I do the "TRY IT" button, but then out at my home screen, when I get a text, no audible alert.
    11-22-08 01:23 AM
    What about the music player. How do You search for music? Can u use the keyboard and find songs by typing the title or artist?
    thanks
    11-22-08 01:30 AM
    Sure did...it even works when I do the "TRY IT" button, but then out at my home screen, when I get a text, no audible alert.
    I seem to be having the same problem also....That stinks
    11-22-08 01:31 AM
    status on screen say 1XEV, is that EVDO, and is that the same as 3G, or sghould my screen say 3G
    11-22-08 01:41 AM
    cant seem to find where to change setting for ringer, like normal, loud, medium. On the Curve it was under 'advanced'. there just seems to be "set ring tones" which doesnt have options for each level
    11-22-08 01:48 AM
    cant seem to find where to change setting for ringer, like normal, loud, medium. On the Curve it was under 'advanced'. there just seems to be "set ring tones" which doesnt have options for each level
    With screen vertical top left is a speaker. Select and hold. Then choose settings or scroll to bottom and select custom or edit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 07:02 AM
    text messaging-- is there a way to seperate incoming messages from my outgoing messages? on my pearl they were in different folders.
    I have mine set to hide sent messages via options|general email settings. Not the same as diff. Folders I guess but maybe useful.

11-22-08 07:39 AM
    With screen vertical top left is a speaker. Select and hold. Then choose settings or scroll to bottom and select custom or edit.

I'm still lost on how to specify the ringer profile for the loud, normal, silent. I just seem to see normal
    11-22-08 09:56 AM
    I think when you're actually using the device, you'll only get a vibration (if it's setup). But if you're not using it, it will play a sound and vibrate. That's what I've found so far.
    11-22-08 10:00 AM
    highlight icon, click BB button and select hide. You can unhide them after by selection 'Show all' in the BB menu.
    how can you have your home screen picture show on the show all screen, instead of black?
    11-22-08 10:08 AM
    Please let me know if anyone knows of any thing!

Google maps is crap, and my blackberry maps doesn't connect to satellites. Any idea what program I can use?
    Have you enabled your gps location. If it is turned to E911 only it will not allow the satellites to get a fix, I just figured this out this morning
    11-22-08 10:09 AM
    Hey I don't know if this will help you but have you enabled the GPS location feature. I was frustrated my maps wasnt working until I realized this morning that I had E911 enabled so the phone could not access the satellites to get a GPS fix
    11-22-08 10:11 AM
    Okay, I have to ask this question again...has anyone experienced Browser not working? I was able to have an AIM chat so...why can't I open up Browser?
    My browser doesn't seem to be working today either. Not sure If I should just wait or try something?
    11-22-08 10:20 AM
    The icon is there but it just doesn't open? Or do websites not load? Mine works fine.
    11-22-08 10:21 AM
    how can you have your home screen picture show on the show all screen, instead of black?
    Haven't figured that out yet.
    11-22-08 10:24 AM
    How do I choose the "lightning" theme that shows in the option>themes area? It shows the lightning theme but won't let me select it. Also, has anyone gotten Windows Live Search to install and work? I got it to install, but selecting the icon does nothing and it won't load.
    11-22-08 10:54 AM
    ok this is my first bb, i was a wm user prior (had the HTC touch)

anyways, I lived by my next appointment being on the home screen. is there anyway to have you next appointment on the top of the home screen? cant find away.
    11-22-08 11:02 AM
2,290 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD