B]Regarding dust particles/screen click post 30 days...[/B]

*Assume insurance was purchased*
    If possible to claim...

What would one do if problems arose a few months down the road?

Would one have to mail in said mobile to manufacturer?

Speculation on RIM turn around time?

Appreciate any knowledge, in advance
    01-06-09 12:02 PM
    you have a 1 year warranty but dust under the screen isnt covered. (screen click is) Your carrier (VZW) will replace it within that 1 year as long as its a warranty issue and not an insurance claim.
    01-06-09 12:03 PM
    Very good, thank you Sith.
    01-06-09 12:23 PM
    you have a 1 year warranty but dust under the screen isnt covered. (screen click is) Your carrier (VZW) will replace it within that 1 year as long as its a warranty issue and not an insurance claim.
    how can they not cover dust under the screen? that indicates a hardware failure to me. they are replacing them for that reason now, so how can they not after the 30 days?
    01-06-09 12:37 PM
    Wrong. I've called VZ customer service and went to the store to get replacements and both asked what was wrong. I said dust under the screen. Both sent me replacements. I just asked for a replacement today and I'm past the 30 days.
    01-06-09 12:43 PM
    post 30 day experience... most informative. Thank you.
    01-06-09 12:44 PM
    I just asked for a replacement today and I'm past the 30 days.
    Unless today is Jan 16th, no one is past the [extended] 30 day holiday warranty.
    01-06-09 12:45 PM
    They were being generous giving you a replacement for screen dust. RIM generally (well for other models) does not replace devices for dust, and AT&T is hit or miss. There isnt anything in the warranty that covers the dust.
    01-06-09 12:48 PM
    They were being generous giving you a replacement for screen dust. RIM generally (well for other models) does not replace devices for dust, and AT&T is hit or miss. There isnt anything in the warranty that covers the dust.
    possibly because they've never had a phone where it was possible to get dust UNDER the screen. Most are sealed, as this should be. Some are sealed correctly because not everyone is getting dust, at least according to some posts. From some of the pictures posted with dust under the screen I can't imagine how they can't cover that. If they got that bad in a few weeks can you imagine over a year or 2? that's not acceptable at all.
    01-06-09 12:52 PM
    possibly because they've never had a phone where it was possible to get dust UNDER the screen. Most are sealed, as this should be. Some are sealed correctly because not everyone is getting dust, at least according to some posts. From some of the pictures posted with dust under the screen I can't imagine how they can't cover that. If they got that bad in a few weeks can you imagine over a year or 2? that's not acceptable at all.

If they don't cover it, I smell a class action lawsuit after a couple months.
    01-06-09 12:56 PM
    I was told in the store that dust in the screen is a manufacturing defect. They were good about swapping it out for a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 01:19 PM
    Unless today is Jan 16th, no one is past the [extended] 30 day holiday warranty.
    I thought that only applied to returns and exchanges for a different device.
    01-06-09 01:32 PM
    If they don't cover it, I smell a class action lawsuit after a couple months.
    yes, me too. there's enough documentation on it already to see it's widespread. it's obviously a design flaw. I hope the new ones coming out have been fixed and are sealed correctly.
    01-06-09 01:35 PM
    This is true. If you do ask for a new one, I would make sure to mention this to whomever you talk to at verizon as they will not voluntarily share this info.

Good luck!
    01-06-09 01:47 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/ru...verizon-128050

edit edit*

The 1/15 cutoff date is to CANCEL the line, not to get a new phone if yours is broken! If you are past 30 days, you get a refurb.
    01-06-09 02:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD