Well, yesterday I notice some dead pixels popping up on my screen. So I was wonder, knowing that it is a push touchscreen, would anyone think that this might be an issue that could start popping up more and more? Don't get me wrong I do love my storm and the new one is on its way (covered under the phone warranty). Also has anyone had this problem happen to them?
    03-28-09 11:22 PM
    I haven't had the issue, but others have.
    03-28-09 11:49 PM
    I have noticed a "dull" spot in one particular spot on my storm. Its as if almost in the center. I going to vzw this morning to have them look at it and a bad spot by the ear speaker. Its making a different sound than click when in portrait mode

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 07:05 AM
    The only way this should ever happen, is if you're consistently pressing too hard on the screen. The actual touch sensors sit above the screen, and you also have to translate all that force through the glass screen.

Dead pixels in an LCD is usually the result of a transistor that's stuck in the "off" position. If you're pressing too hard on the screen, you're more likely to crush one (or more) of the liquid crystal layers in the display, and create something similar to what the other person described, in a dark spot, where all the liquid crystal is pooling.
    03-29-09 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD