Just wondering if it's possible to overclock the storm? Might just be the nerd in me but i want it to run faster around 750mhz on the processor...is this possible?
    06-02-09 03:42 PM
    It's probably possible (I think it's possible on anything with a processor) but I don't think we have the resources.
    06-02-09 03:47 PM
    Are you kidding? The Crackberry Nation is strong. If there is anything we actually do have is resources.
    06-02-09 07:33 PM
    I swear rim over clocked the processor during the initial boot up it would explian why its faster and eat battery
    But I would rather see open gl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 07:36 PM
    Lol! I want mine phase change cooled and clocked to 1.5 Ghz.

Jk

06-02-09 07:36 PM
    Put Nvidia in it..... CUDA, CUDA, CUDA
    06-02-09 07:42 PM
    mmmmhhhhhh........just the thought of overclocking the Storm makes me horny and takes me back to the day of soldering an extra battery clip onto my XMOD from radio shack to make it haul ***....lol
    06-02-09 10:39 PM
    I would love to see open gl over anything too though......or hey......or how about a HDMI input so we can play PS# on our Storms.....lol...okay now I'm ready for my straight jacket.............
    06-02-09 10:43 PM
    processor control is built into the OS and you can not access that code unless your working for RIM.. trust me that security in the device will not allow you to do it easily.. hence the reason the president can carry a 8830..
    06-02-09 10:44 PM
    I would love to see open gl over anything too though......or hey......or how about a HDMI input so we can play PS# on our Storms.....lol...okay now I'm ready for my straight jacket.............
    omg thats is funny but the nerd in me say **** yea storm ps3 and 1000 watt inverter for the road
    06-02-09 10:54 PM
    omg thats is funny but the nerd in me say **** yea storm ps3 and 1000 watt inverter for the road
    hahaha...I know, right? would be sweet, you could even hook up your cable or satelite box to it....lol
    06-02-09 10:56 PM
    hahaha...I know, right? would be sweet, you could even hook up your cable or satelite box to it....lol
    but who would want to do that with that horrid color banding lol I couldn't resist

Last edited by jamescordrey; 06-02-09 at 11:38 PM.
    06-02-09 11:30 PM
    but who would want too with that horrid color banding lol I couldn't resist

i knew it was comeing lol
    06-02-09 11:35 PM
    that would be awesome to overclock the storm, but as with computer CPU's its gonna consume more energy, thus it will drain the battery in minutes!! It is possible, you just have to have the correct program installed on your pc and perhaps mess with any jumper settings physically on the device (if any)
    06-03-09 01:44 AM
    There wouldn't be any clock speed jumpers on the BB. The only reason you have those on your computer is because your motherboard can use a variety of CPUs of varying speeds so you need the jumpers to match the motherboard to the CPU. RIM would have no need to do such a thing since the CPUs are not upgradeable.
    06-03-09 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD