Normally when we get leads like this we see a leak in the next coming weeks.. Hopefully history repeats itself

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeh, come on theabyzz
    05-12-09 09:31 AM
    It's amusing when people start to get all riled up about how slow VZ is to release new officials. First, those people are huge pansies. Suck it up, download a leak and move on with your life. Second, it doesn't matter if VZ ever releases another one, as long as another CDMA carrier like Bell or Telus does. Those will have been certified by SOME carrier and as long as you delete vendor.xml, you're good to go. Just hope someone's testing department blesses a build one of these days. Or see above about leaked builds.
    So many people have said this before, but obviously some people still do not get it. Corporate users are bound by the OS which their IT pro allows them to have. Some of these companies have huge contracts with Verizon and they will only upgrade every user's OS once Verizon does. I have two BBs, one of which is for private use. Yes, that one is running a leaked OS, but the other is not. I think you fail to realize that about half of BB users are corporate, who use their phone for actual business use. Rather than just worrying about their phone, IT guys have to be concerned with possibly 100s of people's phones. They are looking for the most stable OS, period. If a leaked OS is faster but still has bugs, they are risking a lot more than just missing a text from their girlfriend by having everyone run it. And even though other carriers have released newer builds, they are still buggy. Verizon is thorough and hesitant to release buggy software to the masses.
    05-12-09 10:27 AM
    This thread is about a Voda test/release, not Vz.

Voda does have access to many builds. They could have gotten this weeks ago, and its in testing still. Testing is not done in days.
    What I mean is that why is RIM sending out .141 for testing, and .113...when it was known at the time .2XX was the latest build?

Why not send the latest right away?
    05-12-09 10:29 AM
    What I mean is that why is RIM sending out .141 for testing, and .113...when it was known at the time .2XX was the latest build?

Testing can take weeks, even months. Odds are they grabbed build .141 a while ago from the partners site, and have been testing since.
    05-12-09 10:33 AM

Rim does not send them, they post them on the partner site, and the carriers grab whichever ones they want to test from there, correct me if im wrong radio
    05-12-09 10:34 AM
    Rim does not send them, they post them on the partner site, and the carriers grab whichever ones they want to test from there, correct me if im wrong radio
    Man to be able to hack into that site...
    05-12-09 10:36 AM
    But Voda just released .141 right?

Seems silly that they would release 2 OS's within weeks of one another.
    05-12-09 10:36 AM
    Man to be able to hack into that site...
    LOL i think someone was trying to hack it yesterday lol...but they were going to the wrong site as the address for that site is not published....i saw someone in a thread talking about it...all i could do is lol
    05-12-09 10:41 AM
    But Voda just released .141 right?

Seems silly that they would release 2 OS's within weeks of one another.
    If they do, I would have to give them major credit for sticking to the task, but I also find it hard to believe.
    05-12-09 10:42 AM
    If they do, I would have to give them major credit for sticking to the task, but I also find it hard to believe.
    You would, but just imagine if all the shennanigans that happened with Vodafone last week had happened with Verizon and the US 9530 owners, this site would be in uproar.
    05-12-09 10:46 AM
    next month? wow I never heard that rumor on this site before...
    05-12-09 10:49 AM
    Sorry guys I have nothing in the pipe what I can leak for you.
    05-12-09 11:01 AM
    You would, but just imagine if all the shennanigans that happened with Vodafone last week had happened with Verizon and the US 9530 owners, this site would be in uproar.
    Yes very true
    05-12-09 11:06 AM
    You sure you looked thru the whole pipe and closely?
    05-12-09 11:14 AM
    That sucks.

Thanks for trying at least
    05-12-09 11:43 AM
    That sucks.

Thanks for trying at least
    Mark, do you have any ideas? I have searched megaupload and rapidshare without any luck....where is that 5.0.0.125????
    05-12-09 11:49 AM
    Voda probably does have this build in testing...
    No one call the plumbers, I want this leak!
    05-12-09 11:52 AM
    No one call the plumbers, I want this leak!
    That's right!
    05-12-09 11:53 AM
    Mark, do you have any ideas? I have searched megaupload and rapidshare without any luck....where is that 5.0.0.125????
    No way Olta... It's not in the wild.

It's nowhere any of us can find it. It's sitting on a secure server laughing at us.
    05-12-09 12:50 PM
    Please be careful with your thread titles, you had me thinking we had a new leak. I edited the title.

Folks,

Lets not flame him TOO much, I'd hate to break out my mod stick.
    And if it gets real crazy, the BanHammer. J/K

I know realize the VZW is testing more than one build at a time, but I also want to know why RIM and VZW don't just work together and get a build that they think will pass into testing, rather than test every single build available. I know If I were RIM I would be saying, "hey test this one, it rocks." And if I were VZW I would be like, "what have you got that will get the job done the first time rather than waste our money in the testing process".

This all has led me to believe that there will not be a release for this Storm, until the next Storm hits the market. Plus what better way to beef up sales than to show it with a OS that is better than the first device.
    05-12-09 01:05 PM
    Just curious, but why are you searching for this? You know its not public.
    05-12-09 06:08 PM
    Please make it public then radio
    05-12-09 06:11 PM
    Please make it public then radio
    Sorry, you wont ever see/hear me leak anything.
    05-12-09 06:18 PM
    I know, doesn't hurt to ask though. Please check your PM! I'm not bugging you for info dont worry. You're a wall haha.
    05-12-09 06:20 PM
    He only has 4 posts everyone. Go easy on him lol.
    05-12-09 07:05 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD