So here is my deal, I am on att now with an iPhone and want to try out the storm when it comes out Friday. My wife has Verizon already and obviously she is the primary on the aact.. So, should I:

A: get my own account because if I dont like the storm I want to easily return it without affecting all of her billing and screwing things up
    B: do "A" and if I like the storm, can I then merge the accounts so we share minutes and I am the primary?
    C: Just add the storm as an addon to her acct and if I want to return it, deal with the hastle of bills, ridiculous amounts of money they make you pay, etc.....

Not sure how to do this, I know I am very picky with phones and I love the iphone (trust me there are plenty of things i hate too like no MMS, WTF apple), anyway, I know if I dont like the storm I will be returning it and I want to do it the easiest and most painless way i can so I am not on the phone with Verizon trying to get bills right again.
    Last edited by brichi; 11-17-08 at 10:19 AM.
    11-17-08 10:15 AM
    I am trying to decide about opening a new account with Verizon and trying out the storm. Currently I use the Apple iPhone 3G 16GB and really want to check out the Storm. I think that I am going to open a new account with and then if I like the Storm enough, I will bring my number over to VZW and pay the activation fee to switch it, that way I don't pay to cancel my ATT contract and then have to decide what to do at that point if I dont like the storm (which i doubt will happen). I have the Blackberry Pearl before the Apple iPhone and I loved it. I just wish that the Storm would have HTML email and allow me to have my Yahoo Mail Plus folders show up on the blackberry.
    11-17-08 10:31 AM
    Brichi I would do B...which should work as I have done this in the past.
    11-17-08 10:34 AM
    I would open a new account and if you like it then merge with her. My expierence with the whole family plan and spliting accounts later was just annoying as ****.
    11-17-08 10:35 AM
    yeah you have that 30 day test drive, that is all on verizon, so you could take advantage of that, and then if you want you could open up a family share plan with your wife
    11-17-08 10:37 AM
    For trial and to prevent screwing up your current accounts, it is best to open an entire new account. Do your testing and return if you don't like it. If you like it, it is now simple to port your temp phone on to your current number/service.

10man
    11-17-08 10:39 AM
    Brichi I would do B...which should work as I have done this in the past.
    great, thanks for the advice guys, I was thinking "B" too, I just was not sure if I would be able to merge accounts once i decided to keep it and port the att number over. Looks like I can
    11-17-08 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD