VZW traded out my Storm 2 last week because it kept locking up. It would flash a white screen with black type, then shut off.

I did a restore on my new phone and just had the same issue. Is it possible that the backup is corrupt? If so, do I wipe and then reinstall?
    12-02-10 02:06 PM
    Yes, it's possible one of the databases could be causing this or a 3rd party app that's installed. You don't have to wipe the OS, just do a security wipe to erase all the user info on the device and then do a manual sync of your contacts out of your contact management software you use (outlook or whatever) and then push your email service books back onto the device. If it's stable that way, you know it could have been something in the backup that carried over.
    12-02-10 03:08 PM
    when I do a full wipe and reload, all I restore from my back up is important info like my address book. Settings, apps and etc., I change manualy and download my apps. A PIA for sure, but makes things work so much better.

Settings, apps and many other things react different on different operating systems. And when you download your apps again, one by one, restarting after each one, makes it very simple to determine which app causes trouble. That's what works for me, ymmv.!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD