It would be interesting if RIM gave us the ability to switch to touchscreen mode. I understand that the Blackberry Storm was made to be a clicking device, with great precision and accuracy, but would users enjoy using it more if the device was completely touchscreen? I love the click function, but sometimes, it seems a bit tedious selecting a button then pressing the whole screen down.

If they were to release such a function, it would have to be after flick scrolling. Imagine the Storm's OS and viewing music - You would be selecting songs to be played as you scrolled down lol.

Anyways, what do you think?
    05-19-09 08:29 PM
    I'd like to see them give them this option as well. Or maybe a hybrid option. You have to click for everything except typing. While typing, you could just tap instead of clicking. I'd love to see that added.
    05-19-09 08:37 PM
    you make it sound like it's hard to click.
    05-19-09 08:44 PM
    I like the click. This way you won't accidently launch or select anything. Once u become acustomed to the click, u realize how convenient it is. I do wish we had flick scroll tho. But if its going to be a halfass development, I'd rather not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 08:50 PM
    you make it sound like it's hard to click.
    It's not that it's hard to click... For me, it just gets a little tiresome. It's not like typing on an iPhone or with a keyboarded BB like a Bold or Curve. It's a feel way different, at least with my Storm, so sometimes I get tired of it. I do love the way mine clicks now (as of today) with the way I have the paper behind the battery.
    05-19-09 08:52 PM
    I'd like to see a storm with a trackball lol
    05-19-09 08:52 PM
    The Bolt web browser is all touch, I don't see why they couldn't make the whole phone just touch. They should definitely give you an option between touch or click, but they won't. Click is their whole selling point for the Storm.
    05-19-09 09:39 PM
    I'd like to see them give them this option as well. Or maybe a hybrid option. You have to click for everything except typing. While typing, you could just tap instead of clicking. I'd love to see that added.
    I would like to see that too. Hopefully they don't get rid of it entirely though. I love the touch/click in the browser or any other app with links. I find Bolt completely unusable because of that btw.
    05-19-09 09:45 PM
    The Storm has been my first "touchphone". Trying to use other regular touchscreens drives me crazy. Clickability all the way.
    05-19-09 10:26 PM
    I'd like to see a storm with a trackball lol
    no joke! I WANT THIS TOO
    05-19-09 10:28 PM
    im all about the click, its off the chain, surepress FTW
    05-19-09 10:45 PM
    im all about the click, its off the chain, surepress FTW

Agree! If Storm2 is touchscreen only, I might just pass on it and wait for the next great Blackberry...........
    05-19-09 11:57 PM
    The storm2, is not going to be that big of a deal.
    Its going to have a better OS on it.
    New buttons
    Faster
    More memory.
    Better Applications
    Its technology
    It gets better everyday.
    05-20-09 12:34 AM
    The Storm has been my first "touchphone". Trying to use other regular touchscreens drives me crazy. Clickability all the way.
    i couldnt agree more, i hated how i always accidently pressed things just by brushing my fingers on it, especially texting, i hated my DARE for that reason, i absolutely love the click, its like a second confirmation so your not accidently clicking something
    05-20-09 01:34 AM
    Agree! If Storm2 is touchscreen only, I might just pass on it and wait for the next great Blackberry...........

so the TOUR?
    05-20-09 01:35 AM
    I agree. I tried a friends Iphone (which for what it is i have nothing against. I'm not an iphone hater) But i didn't like the way to type on it. I made more mistakes on that than i did with my storm. I have to say i prefer the clicking option too. Makes life easier! Not to mention i've gotten to the point on my storm where i can type just as fast on it as with one of the keyboarded phones. (im a heavy texter so i adjusted quickly lol)
    05-20-09 02:31 AM
    i prefer the click, but the mechanism they use for it is a little flawed...the gaps are all bad, and the actual button underneath wears out rather quickly, or crud gets underneath and impedes the movement...if they cure those issues then i don't see why the surepress technology couldn't be something to stay around for quite some time...
    05-20-09 02:39 AM
    the bounce for fast typers hurts. i catch the rebound with one finger from the last finger's last button hit on the way up.

i love the click, couldnt use a touch screen without it, but i would prefer the option for typing. the typing is my only gripe with this phone.
    05-20-09 03:58 AM
    Clickability is what makes the storm unique..take thay away and we might as well get any of the other touchscreen phones

05-20-09 08:18 AM
    I once saw a youtube video of someone who had made the storm all touch and no click. I haven't been able to find it again for the life of me. Anybody else see this or have a link? I would appreciate it greatly.
    05-20-09 08:39 AM
    Lazy americans try the storm workout

05-20-09 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD