I love surepress as well. Why is RIM ditching surepress for the storm3? Seems like all the s2 owners love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    They're not ditching Surepress for the S3.
    Where on earth did you hear that?
    08-10-10 11:15 AM
    Rumors are like weeds. just when you think you've eradicated them all, some more pop up overnight.
    08-10-10 11:20 AM
    Sal seemed to allude to that fact in his Storm3 specifications leak on his website; he is normally very reliable. I hope they keep SurePress, but a lot of their returns were because of it - it may be more trouble than they feel it's worth?
    08-10-10 11:55 AM
    1st things 1st, it's a BlackBerry. I love BBM and the fact that I get my email's instantly. Plus the VZW network is 2nd to none.

I also like the media capabilities. The pre-installed 16 GB sd card means I can have thousands of songs, which I play through my car stereo via aux input, and also I also have about 10 movies and a bunch of my favorite TV shows. Many good games too.

I love surepress. IMO its the best touchscreen available. It makes typing easy and fun and when browsing the web, no accidental clicks.

I love the all the possibilities when it comes to themes. You can only do so much with the trackpad but on the touchscreen, you have the option of hidden docks galore.

The Storm 2 is the best of both worlds. Touchscreen with amazing media capabilities, and still all the features that make a BlackBerry a BlackBerry, sans the keyboard of course. But again, I love surepress and can actually type faster on it than my old curve.
    08-10-10 12:18 PM
    Thank you guys for loving the phone! Lately it seems like I was the only one who LOVED SurePress anymore! On S1 or S2... My S2 is an amazing phone as you have all said, very capable especially with VZ giving a 16GB card. It's my music player, video player, calendar, BBM, emailer, SMS/MMS, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instant Messenger, and fundamentally my life! Pretty much everything I do gets channeled through my Storm2. I use my laptop much less since I got it (especially over S1)
    I have the hardest time typing on a non SurePress screen as well, the click is just too perfect....

08-10-10 12:27 PM
    Thank you guys for loving the phone! Lately it seems like I was the only one who LOVED SurePress anymore! On S1 or S2... My S2 is an amazing phone as you have all said, very capable especially with VZ giving a 16GB card. It's my music player, video player, calendar, BBM, emailer, SMS/MMS, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instant Messenger, and fundamentally my life! Pretty much everything I do gets channeled through my Storm2. I use my laptop much less since I got it (especially over S1)
    I have the hardest time typing on a non SurePress screen as well, the click is just too perfect....

without Surepress, the storm would be "just another phone". it couldn't be more unique (thank god). I have a touch and can't type on it for crap (I've owned it more than 2 years, so it's not like I just need to "get used to it")
    08-10-10 12:33 PM
    surepress is great. i had numerous phones and i am pleased with the storm 2 i do not regret spending my money
    08-10-10 12:46 PM
    Sal seemed to allude to that fact in his Storm3 specifications leak on his website; he is normally very reliable. I hope they keep SurePress, but a lot of their returns were because of it - it may be more trouble than they feel it's worth?
    Blackberry Storm 3 – Early Specs � Salomondrin

"The screen will be something new we haven�t seen yet (new input mechanism) ,but it won�t work like the Storm 2. Yes, it will have SURE-PRESS, but I�m not sure how they are archiving it this time."

Sounds like a new/improved version of Surepress.
    I think RIM has put too much time and money into Surepress to drop it now. Yes they had some problems with the new technology at first, but it's at the point where I think it's functioning more than adequately. If they improve it further for the S3, then it should be dang near perfect.
    08-10-10 12:54 PM
    I do love SurePress myself. It was the deciding factor in why I got the phone.
    08-10-10 01:01 PM
    Productivity!

To break it down you have:

BES: seamless, secure and sensible integration with the office.

BIS: the push technology is amazing.

BB Browser: Yes I love this browser. You can set up bookmark to specifically connect through the connection of your choice and without java when not needed. This makes it possible to line up a set of sites that can give You info you need faster than you can open any third party browser.

SurePress. Well as is said. Its just unique.

Messaging.

08-10-10 03:12 PM
    Productivity!

To break it down you have:

BES: seamless, secure and sensible integration with the office.

BIS: the push technology is amazing.

BB Browser: Yes I love this browser. You can set up bookmark to specifically connect through the connection of your choice and without java when not needed. This makes it possible to line up a set of sites that can give You info you need faster than you can open any third party browser.

SurePress. Well as is said. Its just unique.

Messaging.

+1 I sent myself a link in an email to my BB addy. Darn thing took forever to get to my inbox on my phone...three and a half seconds.
    08-10-10 03:36 PM
    Agree with all of the positive comments. Not getting rid of my S2 anytime soon.

08-10-10 11:16 PM
    Its interesting to hear people who are satisfied with the Blackberry browser. While I am often frustrated with it at a particular site that uses frames, I also find that the browser on the Storm 2 provides a much better experience than on the 8820. I'm not sure whether that is due to the software, the network or the interface. In any case, I only use the Bolt browser for one site - the rest of my browsing is through the native browser.
    08-11-10 03:21 PM
    On my 8330 I only used the native browser for downloading apps and such. It was always BOLT or Opera mini. Now I have both those browsers on my 9550 but rarely use them. In fact, I can't remember the last time I did.
    08-11-10 03:39 PM
    Storm2 rocks it feels and looks sexy, does everything I want and need. Yes I know its not perfect but no phone is, BUT Surepress is just the best compared to everything else. I've tried many touch phones and Surepress just feels so nice
    08-11-10 06:37 PM
    Is surepress going to be on the storm3?

08-11-10 07:27 PM
    I loved my S2- like another said its a blackberry with a big screen. Knew my way around it, liked the build quality (yes mine was ok) and surepress rocks. I liked all the usual things that BB does well.

I also wanted to point out that its the first phone I have owned that has been in any kind of condition to sell. I've had it 10 months and it has not let me down and still is in good shape. I'm terrible with phones- I break 'em quick so 10 months in heavy use is brilliant. My 3 pearls were all writeoffs in that same period- mainly trackballs but one fell face down in a pile of glue. My flip was still going after 14 months but scratched silly.

The S2 still looks good. couple of minor scratches (screen done in the first week) but I think I'll still get a fair price for it

What really brought it home was a RIM survey I just did where they asked about all the features. The ONLY two areas I rated them badly was the browser and the BBM bug. Made me realise that it made the grade in most areas.

Yes I've moved on to another brand- but not maliciously. The storm did all I expected it to - and I knew the browser was a pig before I bought it. That is really my only complaint
    08-11-10 07:31 PM
    Sure press and over all heftyness of the phone. Nice to know feeling of something that isn't going to crack in my pocket.

08-18-10 07:44 AM
    I love my BB Storm2, I love the touch-click screen, and can't see myself using a normal touchscreen phone ever again.

I just wish RIM would make the OS6 for the Storm users, you pay that much money for the device, the least they can do is update it for you..

08-18-10 07:50 AM
    I'm not even that upset that the S2 isn't getting OS6. The S2 is a pretty sweet phone. For texting, BBM, and the few apps that I find are necessary for me it works perfect. If you want to watch a lot of movies on your phone get another phone. There are other phones that do that better.
    I disagree. The S2 does everything a blackberry is supposed to do AND I watch movies all the time on business trips. On the plane, in the hotel room etc.

No it doesn't have 1080p full HD, but you wouldn't be able to tell if it did, the screen is just too small for that. I carry 3, 16GB microSD cards. Each has 20 or more movies and a couple of hundred songs. I just switch cards depending on what I want to watch/hear.

It's fantastic.
    08-18-10 08:25 AM
    I disagree. The S2 does everything a blackberry is supposed to do AND I watch movies all the time on business trips. On the plane, in the hotel room etc.

No it doesn't have 1080p full HD, but you wouldn't be able to tell if it did, the screen is just too small for that. I carry 3, 16GB microSD cards. Each has 20 or more movies and a couple of hundred songs. I just switch cards depending on what I want to watch/hear.

It's fantastic.
    I agree 1000% with YOU on the movie thing. I've got a 2G Touch and the screen is inferior to my S2. The colors are more vivid and the black level is far deeper on the S2. Not to mention the speaker is PLENTY loud and clear. I've not been impressed the screens of any other phone, including the large ones, as they have lousy black levels and can't be read as easily in direct sunlight, as the S2 (or pretty much ALL the BB phones)
    08-18-10 11:25 AM
    The only good thing about blackberries is that i don't own one anymore. Get an android.
    If you hate BBs so much then why do you continue to lurk here? Get another hobby, please.
    08-18-10 04:50 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD