This is not a debate post just my thoughts and have to vent,I prob.won't even come back to this thread.i've been a member for a lil bit and just usually browse the forums but couldnt hold back cuz im so upset with this phone.I have the latest ota os and the latest bug is I'll be talking on bbm and every 10-15 min it lags down and locks up for a few.I've had this phone since feb.and it is complete garbage cuz of all the issues with all the different os.I don't have alot of apps.I BOUGHT(which is stupid to have to buy cuz rim ***** programmers should be putting em out left and right for free cuz they can't get an os working right)a bunch but usually one interferes with another so I just have berry slider and a few themes and simple ones.I love the keyboard and when it's working is great which isnt often.I'm not new to blackberry and its the email and messenger that sucked me in to keep bb but will be my last.Can't wait to see whats out there when contract is up,just sucks cuz i have awhile to go.I would never recommend this phone to anyone.Nobody needs to say"just wait for os6"unfortuneately I'll have to deal with that os bugs also cuz of my contract.Wife has the droid with slider keyboard and I'm not jealous of the phone but just jealous she doesnt have issues with it.For those of you that don't have issues good luck and those of you thinking of getting a bb.....DON'T!!!!!!!
    07-20-10 11:25 AM
    LOL! You have REALLY BAD LUCK, don't you?
    07-20-10 11:37 AM
    One opinion. I love the storm 2.. have had it since January without a flaw. Guess you got unlucky. Sorry bout that....
    07-20-10 11:38 AM
    Man, if I was that upset, I would be at the Verizon Store complaining! Had mine since Oct 29th and love it! Hope you don't vent on your wife about your Storm2!
    07-20-10 11:48 AM
    This is not a debate post just my thoughts and have to vent,I prob.won't even come back to this thread.i've been a member for a lil bit and just usually browse the forums but couldnt hold back cuz im so upset with this phone.I have the latest ota os and the latest bug is I'll be talking on bbm and every 10-15 min it lags down and locks up for a few.I've had this phone since feb.and it is complete garbage cuz of all the issues with all the different os.I don't have alot of apps.I BOUGHT(which is stupid to have to buy cuz rim ***** programmers should be putting em out left and right for free cuz they can't get an os working right)a bunch but usually one interferes with another so I just have berry slider and a few themes and simple ones.I love the keyboard and when it's working is great which isnt often.I'm not new to blackberry and its the email and messenger that sucked me in to keep bb but will be my last.Can't wait to see whats out there when contract is up,just sucks cuz i have awhile to go.I would never recommend this phone to anyone.Nobody needs to say"just wait for os6"unfortuneately I'll have to deal with that os bugs also cuz of my contract.Wife has the droid with slider keyboard and I'm not jealous of the phone but just jealous she doesnt have issues with it.For those of you that don't have issues good luck and those of you thinking of getting a bb.....DON'T!!!!!!!
    LOL...You're jealous she doesn't have issues with her phone?!? What a good husband you are. haha...

BTW, in case you don't realize...some themes do trigger massive memory leaks which, from the sounds of your rant, is exactly what you have. Since you HAVE to keep the phone due to your contract (unless your poor phone has "met with an accident" by the time you read this) why not try using the DEFAULT RIM theme. See if that improves your position...or try and diagnose and treat what ails your phone instead of spending all this time in hear ranting about something that i'm sure most of us have experienced but took the time to correct.

If you don't want to do any of this then i'm sure there is a willing buyer on kijiji/craigslist or some other similar forum and then you can get yourself a droid and text blissfully with your wife.

Cheers
    07-20-10 11:48 AM
    That's funny, the Android operating system works flawless. Actually, it doesn't. My wife is on her second, she has difficulties making and receiving calls on a regular basis. Her mom calls and she gets a picture of some random friend from facebook, instead of the pic of her mom. It has completely wiped twice, losing all SMS and MMS messages. She is running 2.1 and has all updates. Android has bugs just like every OS. After using her phone long enough, sure the browser is nice, but I realized how much I like my storm.
    Last edited by Fillyo; 07-20-10 at 12:17 PM.
    07-20-10 12:06 PM
    Please don't get the troll of delusion all riled up. He'll only tell you it's user error or all in your head.
    07-20-10 12:15 PM

07-20-10 12:51 PM
    I know in your "statement" you said you won't be back to this thread but I think you will. First the underlined words ^ may be an issue if you didn't get rid of the temp file from the ota download. If a reload of the OS won't work then try to sell it on Ebay or something and pick up another phone. That way you won't be "stuck" with us. it actually is a great phone if you can get around your issues
    07-20-10 01:29 PM
    That's funny, the Android operating system works flawless. Actually, it doesn't. My wife is on her second, she has difficulties making and receiving calls on a regular basis. Her mom calls and she gets a picture of some random friend from facebook, instead of the pic of her mom. It has completely wiped twice, losing all SMS and MMS messages. She is running 2.1 and has all updates. Android has bugs just like every OS. After using her phone long enough, sure the browser is nice, but I realized how much I like my storm.
    You are right and the email support is a joke.
    07-20-10 01:30 PM
    Yes!!! Any unlocked bb storm2 at 8/10 condition for sale? $150 i will consider taking it!
    07-20-10 01:57 PM
    I don't doubt that this guy had problems, but my S2 has been the best phone I've owned.
    07-20-10 02:33 PM
    I don't doubt that this guy had problems, but my S2 has been the best phone I've owned.
    Same here. It's great but I guess not for everyone.

Good Luck
    07-20-10 06:21 PM
    try loading a hybrid os on your phone. Its obvious that its not a complete POS if everyone on this section of the forums has one that works. Patience is key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 09:27 PM
    Got mine Dec 23rd... love it.
    no issues.
    07-20-10 10:04 PM
    this phone is perfect..you just need to learn how to use it..the OP says that he is just posting.then don't make a declaration to not purchase the phone to other users..maybe some people are more intelligent than yourself and can learn things while using the phone. it doesn't need work out of the box, but if you do upgrade then don't do it OTA for one..
    nevermind...im rambling and can't argue well..this post by OP is poor opinion though..phone is great and i know how to use it well....sorry, im drunk..later
    Last edited by juremy; 07-20-10 at 11:17 PM.
    07-20-10 11:14 PM
    Can a mod please lock this troll thread?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-10 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD