View Poll Results: How good are you at Portrait QWERTY on a scale from 1-10 (10 Being the Best of course

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-Worst, I suck!

8 11.59%

7 10.14%

7 10.14%

5 7.25%

6 8.70%

4 5.80%

19 27.54%

7 10.14%

3 4.35%
  • 10-Best, I'm a beast!

3 4.35%
    Just wondering how good or bad ppl are at typing portrait QWERTY on the leaked OS's. I haven't heard much talk about it, other than the fact that the option is there. Anyone even use it?
    05-18-09 07:41 PM
    Not crazy about it. Especially when SureType is so darn easy and the buttons are nice and big.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 07:44 PM
    I always type in landscape....seems much faster to me. In fact I hardly ever use the phone in portrait to do anything unless I have to while driving.

05-18-09 07:45 PM
    Surprisingly, I can type pretty accurately and quickly using the full portrait QWERTY.
    05-18-09 07:47 PM
    Good question....
    I've only tried once but I found the buttons to be a little too small.
    Nice to know that its at least an option now.
    Maybe with a little practice ill get better with it though.

05-18-09 07:47 PM
    I HAVE A POLL UP NOW FOLKS! When you get the chance, please vote. And lets keep the convo going as well...
    05-18-09 07:48 PM
    Suretype all the way for me and i even use StormRotation Wizard, to lock the screen so it doesnt go to landscape!

loving it!
    05-18-09 07:50 PM
    I always type in landscape....seems much faster to me. In fact I hardly ever use the phone in portrait to do anything unless I have to while driving.

Ur the exact opposite of me . lol. My previous two phones were capable of landscape so i'm absolutely tired of it. I only use my phone in portrait. Even downloaded Storm rotation wizard so I could lock my phone in portrait. One of the best apps ever made in my opinion...
    05-18-09 07:53 PM
    Ur the exact opposite of me . lol. My previous two phones were capable of landscape so i'm absolutely tired of it. I only use my phone in portrait. Even downloaded Storm rotation wizard so I could lock my phone in portrait. One of the best apps ever made in my opinion...
    hahah funny, i say the same all the time!
    05-18-09 07:55 PM
    hahah funny, i say the same all the time!
    haha. Mos def man. Gotta be portait. I used to get PISSED when my phone switched to landscape! lol.
    05-18-09 08:02 PM
    I prefer to use landscape, I'm better at texting that way, than portrait.
    05-18-09 08:30 PM
    I have started using the portrait keyboard a lot more frequently and am getting more efficient with it.
    05-18-09 09:39 PM
    I can type decent and accurate in portrait, I'm fast as **** in landscape, but since upgrading to .122, I very rarely go into landscape for anything unless i just want 2 hurry up and type my message and get back 2 doing what I was doing.
    05-18-09 09:46 PM
    not a fan of sure type... it makes typing the first letter of a list and acronyms more difficult. I've gotten pretty efficient in portrait. I only use landscape when I have a lot to say.
    05-18-09 11:37 PM
    Why even ask this Shayda? More flame baiting? You are not using an OS that supports this, nor do you want to.
    05-18-09 11:58 PM
    I prefer to type in landscape mode but i do use the full qwerty in the portrait mode instead of the surepress or multitap, or what ever they are called. when i first installed a leaked OS's with that keyboard it took me a while to get used to it because the buttons are pretty small. but i am pretty quick with it now and find that if i am holding the phone with only one hand it is easier to type a msg that way as opposed to landscape.
    05-19-09 12:09 AM
    i use sure type still and landscape qwerty the letters are to small in portrait
    05-19-09 12:29 AM
    I prefer typing in landscape but I'm usually too lazy to turn it on its side so I mainly use the qwerty in landscape

05-19-09 01:12 AM
    Why even ask this Shayda? More flame baiting? You are not using an OS that supports this, nor do you want to.
    LMAO!
    hahaha -- can you believe he's even made it his signature?
    05-19-09 06:38 AM
    Not crazy about it. Especially when SureType is so darn easy and the buttons are nice and big.

QFT

/10
    05-19-09 08:46 AM
    Too close together while in QWERTY portrait.
    05-19-09 08:49 AM
    I prefer to use landscape, I'm better at texting that way, than portrait.
    See... I would probably type using landscape if my screen clicked more uniformly across the whole thing. But the very top is much more difficult to push down. So that side ends up being a pain to type on.

Portrait SureType works pretty well for me. But I switch to landscape when I need to spell something weird or something like that.

05-19-09 09:09 AM
    See... I would probably type using landscape if my screen clicked more uniformly across the whole thing. But the very top is much more difficult to push down. So that side ends up being a pain to type on.

Portrait SureType works pretty well for me. But I switch to landscape when I need to spell something weird or something like that.

Yea, one of my best friends has SERIOUS clicking issues. I tested out his phone the other week and was shocked at how different it felt from mine. Its crazy how these Storms are so different man.

Portrait Suretype is my winner too. I only switch to landscape when the phone REFUSES to allow me to type a word in Suretype. lol. Sucks when it does that sometimes.
    05-19-09 09:29 AM
    Sure type slows me down by disrupting my train of thought. So full qwerty for both portrait and landscape for me.
    05-19-09 09:34 AM
    portrait qwerty?

Like a boss
    05-19-09 09:35 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD