This feature seems like it is borderline useless unless you are a hobbit or a small child. I mean seriously, my thumbs cover around 3 keys with this mode enabled. How useful do people find this feature?
    01-25-09 10:38 AM
    Haven't used it once... I love SureType. But ya I agree it is way too small

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 10:42 AM
    For hobbits... funny but true. I stick to the suretype in portrait mode.
    01-25-09 10:50 AM
    This feature seems like it is borderline useless unless you are a hobbit or a small child. I mean seriously, my thumbs cover around 3 keys with this mode enabled. How useful do people find this feature?
    I have to admit I thought it was a stupid idea to add this keyboard, but I love it. After I forced myself to use it it works great. I'm not a fan of sure type so typing one handed was nearly impossible.
    01-25-09 10:53 AM
    I don't actually use it but I've tested it out and had very little issues typing.
    01-25-09 11:18 AM
    What benefit would be gained by having long, hairy feet?

01-25-09 11:19 AM
    If it had a feature of showing the key like the iphone does it would be nice to use it....
    who know next OS will be even better...
    01-25-09 11:32 AM
    I kind of like the new keyboard to be honest. Maybe not for long emails but for quick replys its nice.
    01-25-09 11:33 AM
    I can use it as long as I am not moving. It is impossible for me to type and walk with the full QWERTY in portrait mode
    01-25-09 11:34 AM
    If I'm not mistaken, the final words of LoTR are that there is a little bit of hobbit in all of us... Hmmm...

RIM: Keep it secret. Keep it safe!
    01-25-09 11:34 AM
    I'm 6'4 with proportionally sized hands, and I have no issues using the portrait QWERTY keyboard. In fact, as much as I loved SureType on my 8100, 7103, and 8130, I find myself enjoying the QWERTY more than the SureType. Maybe it helps that my fingers are thin, as opposed to fat.
    01-25-09 11:35 AM
    same with shemmy, 6'1 big hands, and one handed im loving the full portrait
    01-25-09 11:39 AM
    im a pretty small person (four ten) but im not having any problems with it. ii actually like it better than sure type because ii dont have to go back and fix words it fudged up
    01-25-09 11:56 AM
    I can use either mode but I feel that I am more accurate using suretype. I think the reason this was added was to give those that are coming from the other BBs with the qwerty keyboard on the front the option to have that keyboard. Also so that we can still use the shortcut keys that were used in the other models.

01-25-09 11:58 AM
    I'm a VERY small person (4'8), with small hands and I still cannot get used to the QWERTY keyboard. I feel like I have fat fingers every time I use it. Love the sure type though!
    01-25-09 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD