Wasup folks. As it "SEEEEEMS" to get closer and closer to the official .113 OS release from Verizon, im getting more and more anxious to try out this full QWERTY keyboard in portrait mode.

I currently only type with Suretype, and for the past few months its suited me well, besides the few times every now and again that I have to go back and change a word because it assumes another word (Word of Advice:Before you send a text in Suretype with the words "grad school" in it, be sure to double check, 9 times out of 10 its going to say "head school." Probably not what you were planning to get your masters in, but these days, WHO KNOWS. hahaha). I actually type VERY fast in Suretype tho, so i've definitely come to enjoy it.

But im REEEEALLY curious about this QWERTY keyboard in portrait. People who have downloaded the leak:

Do you like it???
    Does anyone use it as their primary keyboard???
    Has anyone given Suretype the boot for it???
    Has anyone given Landscape QWERTY the boot for it???
    Does anyone just despise it? lol

Let me know what you think about it, oh anxious ones. lol.
    04-04-09 09:20 AM
    Do you like it??? I think its alright, i'm still faster using multitap.
    Does anyone use it as their primary keyboard??? I still use the full landscape keyboard as my weapon on choice. lol
    Has anyone given Suretype the boot for it??? I never really got into suretype so I can't really comment on this per say.
    Has anyone given Landscape QWERTY the boot for it??? No.
    Does anyone just despise it? lol I just use it to show off to people who are scared to try out the leaked OS' lol. Sorry OP. -=)
    04-04-09 09:27 AM
    First lets not speculate OS release dates ;-) lol

Second, I can't use full qwerty in portrait, my fingers are too big and i often make mistakes. I like to use sure type, but truth be told i'm a landscape user.

BTW - I think I've meet a couple girls from this "head school" you're talking about, Defiantly on the Deans list. Mine too.
    04-04-09 09:27 AM
    BTW - I think I've meet a couple girls from this "head school" you're talking about, Defiantly on the Deans list. Mine too.
    Haha. Thanks guys. I would imagine the keyboard could only be but so big with the Storms screen, but maybe this is one of the things thats taking Verizon so long to release the new OS. Maybe they're working hard to make this keyboard as good as possible. The (close your ears, im going to say it) IPhone does a pretty good job with a Portrait QWERTY keyboard. Surepress might make it a lil tougher on the Storm tho.

Anyways...thanks for the input. Anyone else have an opinion?
    04-04-09 09:34 AM
    IPhone does a pretty good job with a Portrait QWERTY keyboard.
    You're right. The keyboard in portrait is fantastic, but you also have to remember Apple's "learning" functions that the keyboard uses. That, right there makes it a Glide to use. You can pound away an email, make a mistake, and it'll know what you wanted to write, simply because it's learned your patterns.
    04-04-09 09:38 AM
    Abosolutely. Definitely what makes it a good keyboard!
    04-04-09 09:50 AM
    The portrait keyboard is WAAAYYYY too small for my fingers. I'm one of those people who believe that if they took away the click for the keyboard, it would definitely be more accurate.
    04-04-09 10:03 AM
    i dont use it.... dont like it... and enjoy .113 but hope that it isnt the official. sorry thats off topic.

im still using suretype...
    04-04-09 10:24 AM
    Too small for anyone's fingers I would think, but it's fun to use when not in a hurry. I guess like anything else, practice makes perfect. But hopefully you're right Shay that this is what Verizon is lagging on? I like the new "Go" button circled in green on browser entries too! My 2 cents.
    04-04-09 10:52 AM
    I use full qwerty in portrait and love it. I never got into SureType or T9, and would always go landscape to type. Now with portrait qwerty, I can type one handed. I do make mistakes though. I still use landscape as my weapon of choice as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 11:01 AM
    The design of it is way to small. They tried to go with the bubble shaped keys like those offered in Landscape. But there a lot smaller of course, because of the width of the screen. Now if they stretced them out a bit and just made the letters a little bigger with all of the buttons connecting, it might make it easier.
    04-04-09 11:01 AM
    Shaydakiss; I was like you once. I was running .75 up until yesterday. I finally made the jump to .113 and its the best thing that ever happened to me.

P.S. Those head school girls really know how to party.

04-04-09 11:09 AM
    The design of it is way to small. They tried to go with the bubble shaped keys like those offered in Landscape. But there a lot smaller of course, because of the width of the screen. Now if they stretced them out a bit and just made the letters a little bigger with all of the buttons connecting, it might make it easier.
    I don't see how they could make them bigger, but I would like it better if they could.

I still prefer it over that double tap thingamajigger.
    04-04-09 11:19 AM
    Used to use SureType in portrait and kind of hated it because I came from an 8830. Found myself flipping to landscape to type. With the introduction of the portrait QWERTY a few revisions ago, I used that exclusively. I find it faster then the landscape and faster then suretype. It took about a week to get used to the spacing, but now I forget I even have landscape QWERTY.
    04-04-09 11:38 AM
    I started using it about a week ago and find myself flipping to landscape less and less. When it first came out on OS .90 or .99 (cant remember) it was pretty horrendous for me. But decided to give it another shot and it was like night and day. Before going full qwerty my keyboard of choice was suretype, and believe me there a few of the those replies back from people like WTF did (insertvulgarlyspelledwordhere) mean?
    04-04-09 12:22 PM
    I prefer to use it. The Storm is very good about understanding what word's im trying to input. So I really dont make that many mistakes. And portrait for me, is about 20% faster than landscape.
    04-04-09 12:34 PM
    The keys are really small, and hence allow not a lot of mistakes. I personally don't like it. I'd rather use suretype. Maybe you will like it... Who knows?

04-04-09 12:50 PM
    i just updated my software to .113 yesterday and im loving it. I use the portrait keyboard a lot especially when i can only use one hand. i also use landscape too.
    04-04-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD