recently noticed when composing an sms message if you let your finger hover over the a or i letters but don't press to click, the letter will pop up similar to how the iphone does. it takes a few seconds and it doesn't seem to happen with every letter, but could this be a sign of things to come?

noticed it also does something similar when composing emails except the pop letters are in a different format.

if this is a re then my bad. os is .75 leak.
    12-04-08 10:45 PM
    no this is not a pop up like the iPhone this is a blackberry function. Instead of having to hit shift+ a letter you can get to the alternative characters by holding down a letter. For example hold on the r and you will get the copywrite symbol
    12-04-08 10:47 PM
    That's not the letter your clicking. Its the alternate letters for that selection. Like if your typing in another language it'll have the letters with the accents on them. The "e" for example. That's why its only some letters doing it. You had me going for a sec.
    12-04-08 10:47 PM
    ya there like hotkeys.

the e will give you different accents
    12-04-08 10:49 PM
    No - the vowels will raise the letter than you're hovering over. Not symbols. Either way - who wants to wait two seconds between typing letters?
    12-04-08 10:51 PM
    ya there like hotkeys.

the e will give you different accents
    You're talking about email. The OP was talking about SMS. The functions are different.
    12-04-08 10:54 PM
    try in sms and see what happens.
    12-04-08 10:56 PM
    ^^^ its still not what he think it is or going to be he is thinking that the typing will turn into like what the iPhone does which is not the case
    12-04-08 10:57 PM
    that's so weird. they are the normal letters (not accented), but just the vowels, and just in SMS. what in the world is the purpose of this? anyone?
    12-04-08 10:59 PM
    It's obvious to see the use of the accented and other upper ASCII characters that pop-up when hovering over keys in email, browser, etc.

What's the point of the lowercase version of some keys (vowels only, it seems?) popping up like this when typing SMS? I've no iPhone experience so if some kind of related functionality occurs there, I have no idea. Can someone explain please?
    12-04-08 11:00 PM
    Well when you type on the iphone the letters appear like that every time you're typing so you can see which letter you chose. Not sure of the point of it here though...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 11:14 PM
    bump. anyone else notice this?
    12-05-08 09:24 AM
    Do you think there will be a fix for this. I hate the fact that when I hover my letters/keys, I am unable to see what key I am on. It would be great if there is a fix that allows the keys to pop up or bubble or enlarge to see what key you are on.
    02-25-09 06:12 PM
    I have had this problem also, kinda sucks....
    02-25-09 06:17 PM
    Nice old school .75 LEAK hehe

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD