This is a separate issue than the crappy SQ from the earpiece. I've tried the enhanced audio etc etc and nothing has fixed the 'tinny' or 'digitized' sound that I get through the earpiece when I'm talking to somebody. But here is my next and BIGGEST problem w/ the phone (otherwise I LOVE it!)...

I've had several people now (my gf most of the time) complaining to me about how shi**y I sound when we're talking on the phone. Sometimes they won't hear me, others they'll say it sounds all distorted/messed up. Is ANYBODY else getting this? If this is the case, I definitely need to get this fixed, if not I'm just going to return the phone . Any help here would be appreciated!

`John
    12-03-08 10:31 PM
    BTW they say I sound like I'm mumbling, which isn't the case.
    12-03-08 11:58 PM
    I have the same problem.
    12-04-08 03:51 AM
    I have the same problem with mine and this is my second one. The main problem with mine is when I am talking all of a sudden the caller on the other end can't hear me. Thought it was my face hitting the mute button but since my second one is doing it I think it is a phone issue.
    12-04-08 06:32 AM
    I am having the same problem as OP. I just spoke with CS about it last night and they are replacing it due to it. That has been my biggest complaint.

Nobody complains when I use bluetooth, but I don't like wearing it unless I am driving.
    12-04-08 06:36 AM
    I have the same problem. It's like the mic is facing the wrong way for the volume settings being used. On speaker phone, the other party can hear me fine. Or if I turn it to the side a little and talked directly into the tiny little hole, it's better. I'm hoping that a software update will fix it.
    12-04-08 08:12 AM
    When you get your new one let us know if it helps. I find it hard to believe that I got two faulty ones. I still think it is a software glitch. Seems to get better if I do a battery pull when it starts doing it.
    12-04-08 09:14 AM
    bump this thread

Not sure if I should request a new unit or not? I'd rather not to.
    12-04-08 05:11 PM
    bump this thread

Not sure if I should request a new unit or not? I'd rather not to.
    Try it in speaker phone mode. Is it better? If it is, I would think that the problem is not hardware being that it is the same microphone.

BTW, I did the .075 leaked version update, and I can't tell if it's any better.
    12-04-08 06:27 PM
    I have had the exact opposite experience.
    Calls are much clearer than my previous phone.
    I have a hearing problem so this is especially important to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-08 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD