I get 0-1 bars at home. I have been told of the network extender, but I'm wondering are there ANY other options of getting a better signal to my blackberry storm 9530.
    02-20-09 10:24 AM
    Have you always gotten poor reception at home on Verizon or is it new with your Storm? I don't get very good reception at home but it was tolerable with my previous LG phone. When I got the Storm it was dreadful ... it was dropping calls like crazy ... 0-1 bars. Turned out to be a problem with the phone.

I took it back to Verizon after a week and they gave me a new one. Now I still get 1-2 bars at home, but the calls don't drop. You can check the signal strength on the Options / Status page. -80dBm is 5 bars for me ... -100 is pretty bad, but probably still tolerable. Maybe you can walk around your house and figure out where the best "zones" are.

Not sure if that helps ...
    02-20-09 11:05 AM
    I had another verizon phone and was the same way. I wanted to get rid of my landline phone, but I don't think I can depend on the cell in this condition.
    02-20-09 11:17 AM
    My best is -96(outside) and worst is -107(inside)... Best inside is -100 and worst is -110.
    02-20-09 11:29 AM
    I have the same problem. Perfect reception with my Voyager, but the Storm forces me to go outside. I'm in Phoenix.
    02-20-09 11:54 AM
    I had the voyager, but had the same problem as I am having with the BB
    02-20-09 12:10 PM
    I went to the verizon store tonight and talked with them about the network extender. I ordered one with high hopes. It will be here Wed. so I'll let ya'll know how it works. With a couple of discounts I got, I only spent $163 tax and all.
    Last edited by crackberrysunite; 02-20-09 at 09:15 PM.
    02-20-09 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD