I bought my Storm 3 days ago. I charged my 9530 overnight and it is noon and the battery is down to 15% already. What gives?
    12-30-08 11:31 AM
    Couple of questions. What OS are you running? .85 seems to conserve power better. What applications do you have running in the backgorund? Also - how is your signal strength and how often are you using the Berry?
    12-30-08 11:33 AM
    Hmmm...I would say try doing it again. That does seem pretty fast of a drain. Insure that it is charging when you do have it plugged in!

My battery went from Sat/Sun at 1:30am to Tues at 9:20am ( 56 hours ) with a lot of playing before it completly died.
    12-30-08 11:36 AM
    Hmmm...I would say try doing it again. That does seem pretty fast of a drain. Insure that it is charging when you do have it plugged in!

My battery went from Sat/Sun at 1:30am to Tues at 9:20am ( 56 hours ) with a lot of playing before it completly died.
    Wow. Mine's good but not that good!
    12-30-08 11:37 AM
    I have read many thread on this and it seems that a lot of people are having this problem, but again no one person has the same configurations. Mine lasts about 24 hours with heavy to moderate use. Just remember to close apps. out when not in use and dim backlight as well.
    12-30-08 11:40 AM
    I have never made it past 6 in the evening yet. And this is my 2nd storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 11:44 AM
    Let the battery die then charge it back up all the way. It should help...
    12-30-08 11:45 AM
    I've had the same problem. They replaced my phone the first time. Now, I notice that it happens occasionally on the new one too. There doesn't seem to be any "rhyme or reason"...just drains whether I am using it alot or not. It's a little disconcerting to not be able to depend on it being consistent.

I just let it go as far as I'm comfortable with, turn it off, charge it and turn it back on.
    12-30-08 11:55 AM
    Couple of questions. What OS are you running? .85 seems to conserve power better. What applications do you have running in the backgorund? Also - how is your signal strength and how often are you using the Berry?
    seriously?? All evidence points to just the opposite. A lot of people are having major battery draining problems when they've upgraded to .85 [and I use the term upgraded loosely, since .85 has LOTS of problems]
    12-30-08 12:00 PM
    Couple of questions. What OS are you running? .85 seems to conserve power better.
    seriously?? All evidence points to just the opposite. A lot of people are having major battery draining problems when they've upgraded to .85 [and I use the term upgraded loosely, since .85 has LOTS of problems]
    I had to downgrade from .85 because my battery would die from a full charge in about six hours. I didn't have programs running in the back ground and had not had this problem with .65, .75, or .83. That being said, everyone with .85 is not having this problem.

A friend of mine had awful battery performance with .65, but the problem was corrected when he upgraded to .75.

That being said, try here for some other ideas to help battery performance:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/dra...-steps-116539/

When in doubt: If your OS works for you great, if not change it.
    12-30-08 12:17 PM
    Okay, I am running OS .85 and have no background apps running. I also notice that the unit feels warm to the touch. Is this temperature normal? As for running the battery down and recharging, the running it down part is being done for me.
    12-30-08 01:25 PM
    To each his/her own. My battery life has improved with both .83 and .85 and I know some others that have had the same thing.
    12-30-08 01:28 PM
    Just to add....i am also running .85.

My battery life surpassed what i expected! Like i said i do use it much, i followed all the tricks to conserve power, but i am always doing something on it.
    12-30-08 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD