View Poll Results: Who thinks RIM should give an option to not use SureType?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 80.00%
  • No

4 20.00%
    For fast texters, Suretype is slowing us down!!

Remember!! i did not say the storm sucked! I just want the option to disable that feature.

Let us know..

Yes

or

no
    11-21-08 03:58 PM
    you can use multi-tap in portrait...and I would give suretype a chance...i'm LOVING IT!!
    11-21-08 03:59 PM
    if you had a pearl its the same so i am glad its there. easy transiition for me!
    11-21-08 04:01 PM
    I have always had qwerty devices but today I have found myself using the suretype more and more.

Still, I am a fan of adding options whether I would like to take advantage of them or not.

More options = good thing.
    11-21-08 04:02 PM
    I just dont get how people can say no to giving people the option to not use suretype. That doesnt mean take off the suretype feature off the phone.

If you are happy with it the way it is, then dont disable it.. but if you want it to be disabled, shouldnt there be an option?
    11-21-08 04:05 PM
    i dont get it? if there were no suretype when you had it in portrait mode.. how would you type?
    11-21-08 04:09 PM
    there is an option in the setup wizard to enable either suretype or multi-tap as the default in the portrait/vertical typing screen...

it was one of the first things the phones asked upon setup...you should be able to switch it if a rep set it up for you...try setup wizard or options
    11-21-08 04:10 PM
    There IS an option to switch the default portrait input to either "Mulit-Tap" OR "SureType".
    11-21-08 04:12 PM
    I need a regular keyboard in portrait .. ie iphone...

how do you type in an email like [email protected]?

alot of people with yahoo have funky email addresses and I cant figure out how to use them w sure type... multi touch is not an option as it is even slower...
    11-21-08 04:12 PM
    I wish there was an option to disable the surepress feature. I wish I could type without having to press down.
    11-21-08 04:14 PM
    You have the option go to the options and change it to multi tap
    11-21-08 04:14 PM
    Turn the phone sideways and use the full keyboard.
    11-21-08 04:17 PM
    Wow.. my verizon rep took it out of the box and set it up for me.. i hate people touchin my crap and making desicions for me.. shall i close the thread?
    11-21-08 04:19 PM
    There should 110% be a QWERTY option in Portrait as I've been arguing for weeks!

It is NO HARM to those of us who prefer it to simply give us the option!!!!
    11-21-08 04:22 PM
    I just dont get how people can say no to giving people the option to not use suretype. That doesnt mean take off the suretype feature off the phone.

If you are happy with it the way it is, then dont disable it.. but if you want it to be disabled, shouldnt there be an option?
    phikai already told you that the option IS there...vvvvvvv
    you can use multi-tap in portrait...and I would give suretype a chance...i'm LOVING IT!!
    i dont get it? if there were no suretype when you had it in portrait mode.. how would you type?
    Multitap (tap the '1' button 3 times for c, etc)

To change to the multi-tap option (disable suretype):
    1. 'Options'
    2. 'Screen/Keyboard'
    3. Change 'Portrait View Keyboard:' to 'Multitap'
    11-21-08 04:24 PM
    I actually quite like it. and I'm still pretty darn fast even with it.
    11-21-08 04:25 PM
    doy doy durrr...
    11-21-08 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD