Good morning! I am having some serious issues with my Storm and am looking for some help:

I had a work BB, it was eventually taken from me as a cost savings method. So I purchased my own personal Storm. I installed DM on my work computer in order to Xfer my contacts, I thought this would be the easiest method. Unfortunately it also brought over the IT Policy. I followed the steps on the forums, (replacing the policy.bin) in order to (I thought) correct the problem. I then installed DM on my personal laptop and opted to use that as my BB "Home". I have found that I still cant use VCast, Slacker, or VZNav (just to name a few). Something about the MOD trying to go inside and outside of the firewall. I called Verizon, BB, and gave the phone to the head of our IT dept here (personal friend) all with no luck, the firewall enable/disable button continues to be grayed out and locked. I again came to the forums and dl'd JL_Cmder, but my home laptop is running Vista 64, and apparently incompatable. I have also dl'd Crackmem and attempted to "BrickMyPhone" with no luck. I feel like I've followed the steps posted with no avail. I'm at the point now that I'm considering trying to go back to get a completely different phone. Is there any other advice that anyone has in order to remove this (&*^&^&+* lockdown of my Firewall or some secret, undisclosed part of an IT policy that I am unfamiliar with? Am I missing anything?

Thanks!
    02-16-09 09:44 AM
    Can't you just have your IT guy remove your PIN from the BES? I would think this would work, not sure though. If the IT guy is your friend and he controls the BES have him take a look and see if there is still an account for you.

Bob
    02-16-09 11:08 AM
    I have had the same problem. I am not on BES and never have been. I got the error after upgrading to a leaked software verzion. I talked to RIM and they couldn't figure it out. Finally they had me return the storm to its factory settings through the command prompt on my laptop. It returned the device back to the original state when it left the factory and removed the locked firewall. My vcast and slacker worked again. Hope this helps.
    02-23-09 06:48 AM
    You have to run thy blackberry JDE in some fashion and "return to factory". The policy.bin won't remove an IT setting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 07:14 AM
    I'm having this exact same problem right now, anyone know of any fixes yet?
    08-15-09 03:30 AM
    what i've learn about this problem is that once u plugged in ya blackberry to a business it auto detects it and have the firewall enable n locked.. i am also goin through this problem. it is said blackberry suppose to fix this once u call but i was told to get jl-commdr but i dont wanna risk it
    10-25-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD