anyone else notice that if you have your polarized sunglasses on, and turn the device horizontally, the screen gets really dark? keep the glasses on and keep switching between portrait and landscape to really see the difference.

it not really too bad in-doors, but outside, in bright light, the screen goes almost totally black. severely annoying for when i am in the car, but i can live with it.

gk
    12-05-08 01:24 PM
    It does that will all phones. Does the same with my friends iphone as well. So its not just this phone.
    12-05-08 01:28 PM
    Actually polarized lenses do it with just about all, if not all, lcd displays. I'm pretty sure it's due to the way lcds work.
    12-05-08 01:29 PM
    Actually polarized lenses do it with just about all, if not all, lcd displays. I'm pretty sure it's due to the way lcds work.
    Correct, hate it when I am into the store real quick, don't take off glasses and it's thought o read the screen for payment lol
    12-05-08 01:31 PM
    never noticed that before
    12-05-08 01:35 PM
    I had this same issue with my 6800 and radio display in my car. I have Maui Jim's and that is the only downside to Polarized lenses.
    12-05-08 01:37 PM
    These might cost a bit more than your average pair but they are the best sunglasses I have ever owned.

Randolph Engineering - Aviator

Get the Neutral Gray. They are USAF approved for use in flight so you can still see the LCD displays in the aircraft.
    12-05-08 01:41 PM
    yup, LCD screens are already polarized so if you wear polarized sunglasses it will make it look funny or completely block out the display. try rotating the lenses and you will see what i mean. it works on any type of lcd display: car dash's, calculators, microwaves, cell phones, tv's etc.
    12-05-08 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD