Has anyone got it working? It says it can't find the BlackBerry.
    11-21-08 01:10 PM
    i am having the same problem.. VZW has no answer, I am on the phone with them right now
    11-21-08 01:38 PM
    Doesnt work yet (not compatible) - upgrade will hopefully fix it soon. Stick with a windows computer for now to sync
    11-21-08 01:46 PM
    you guys should check out MissingSync
    11-21-08 01:46 PM
    not finding mine either, getting irritated
    11-21-08 01:51 PM
    Does missing sync work?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 02:18 PM
    It says on the missing sync for blackberry website that in fact it does work with the storm which is 9530 / the storm
    11-21-08 09:02 PM
    I have been using PocketMac4.1.25 to sync Entourage 2008 calendar, contact, note, and task files. I had no problem until I upgraded my Blackberry from an 8830 to the new Verizon Storm. After trying every conceivable thing----uninstall and reinstall and tried Missing Sync for Blackberry. Do not use this product. Besides costing nearly $40 it does not directly sync with Entourage 2008.

What I learned is that Storm requires a fully powered USB port. Do not use a hub---mine was powered and worked fine for the 8830 but not enough juice for Storm. Once I plugged directly into a USB port on my computer, PocketMac recognized the Blackberry Storm and I was able to do a full syn. Please, try this before you do anything else, if PocketMac doesn't see your device.
    11-22-08 10:39 AM
    mac book pro.. still doesnt detect.. it is connected directly.. trying the other ports.
    11-23-08 05:00 PM
    If you go to pocketmac.net is says that the storm compatibility is currently being tested and an update will be available shortly.
    11-23-08 05:16 PM
    Hey guys, All I had to do to get pocketmac to work on my storm was set the memory as a mass storage device to prompt. When I plugged the storm into it after that it jumped up and asked if I wanted to allow it to be connected and then did a full sync. might work for you too.
    11-23-08 05:16 PM
    tried that.. nothing yet..I did enable the mass support and when I attached it to the mac it auto mounted blackberry1 and blackberry2 drives.. but pocket mac still isnt doing much.
    11-23-08 05:23 PM
    ok it just worked.. I made two changes in addition to the enable auto mass storage whatever.

First was via my PC went to the update site and let it do its thing. It said there was some small 4.7 BB core update.. that completed..

The second change was plugging my mac book pro up to the wall.. it was previously running on battery.

After both of those things I plugged the storm into the mac.. the drives mounted.. i launched pocketmac sync manager.. hit sync and I saw a sync icon on my phone.. it did stuff.. no error.. and all my contacts are there.

-Leon
    11-23-08 05:58 PM
    I used pocketmac with Bluetooth with no problem. The usb doesnt work though.
    11-23-08 10:49 PM
    This is how I got it to work:

Options>Memory>Mass Storage Support Mode (On)

Options>Memory>Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected (Yes)

Quit PocketMac

Plug in BB and allow it to mount

Start PocketMac

I messed with it for a few hours last night before I got it to work. The contacts sync is still pretty clumsy but it got the majority of the info there.

Also, had to access the micro SD card directly (while mounted) and delete music that was on there in order to re-sync with a small playlist. Anyone else find that problem?

Finally, trying to sync any DRM stuff from iTunes stopped the music push cold. My first try only got 9 of 92 songs on there. I made a smart playlist that excluded protected and purchased files and synced from there. That worked just fine.

Hope this helps.

11-23-08 11:21 PM
    HALLEJUAH! HALLEJUAH!

Well I FINALLY got PocketMac to sync with my MacBook. I suggest that before you pull out anymore hair...

Since this forum will not let me post a link, here is the path...
    pocketmac . com > Click the blue scrolling Marquee at top labeled: PocketMac for BlackBerry/Aluminum MacBook Issue Pinpointed... > click link to download (about 1/2 way down the page)

Now, let it be known that I DO NOT have one of the new Aluminum MacBooks (as this patch/update is intended for the new MacBooks), but I downloaded the new patch on my Mac and IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!

The best part of this little saga is that I have had a support ticket open with RIM for almost a month (ever since I bought my Storm on the first day of release) and they have yet to call me about this little patch. They are getting an angry phone call tomorrow....
    12-29-08 12:09 AM
    I cannot get pocketmac to work on my powerbook g4... im running tiger. I downloaded the app and the additional driver and no luck. After I DL I try to run the program and all you can see happen is the pocketmac icon jump up and down on my menu as if it was loading. But it never does and eventually times out. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Just an FYI: I can get it to sync with my fiances MacbookPro, she does not want my contacts to sync with hers, so I can only use her mac to get music but nothing else. So I basically need to be able to use my old powerbook to do contacts and my calender.
    12-29-08 01:26 AM
    i got my pocketmac working, you need to enable your storage mass before you hook up your BB and then you need to plug it in wait for it to mount then launch pocketmac
    12-29-08 03:29 AM
    i got my pocketmac working, you need to enable your storage mass before you hook up your BB and then you need to plug it in wait for it to mount then launch pocketmac
    OK...

if your response was directed at me, it didn't help me any. Thank you for responding but If you read my post. I am not a novise at the storm and know how to use pocketmac. I stated that I cant get pocketmac to run on my powerbook. I can run/sync just fine on my fiances MacbookPro. But she doesn't want me syncing anything else other than her itunes library. So if i want to back up my contacts I have to use my powerbook. My issue is not syncing with the storm at this point, but the actual Pocketmac program which doesn't want to run on my computer.

So to restate that... I can't even get the program to open before I have the chance to attempt to sync anything. The program doesn't even want to open.
    12-29-08 11:01 AM
    bump*********
    12-29-08 10:49 PM
    I recently took my Storm of my company's BES because of the strict IT Policy. But what I really missed was the wireless sync of contacts and my calendar.

I did get pocketmac to work, but I hate plugging it in everyday.

For you Mac owners, search this board and use google's calendar to sync your contacts and calendar to your blackberry.

I also sync my address book and iCal on my mac to google.

Everything is sync'd up now and works great.

I was having trouble w/ pocketmac at first because I had installed the preview version of Blackberry's media sync. Completely uninstall it.

Good luck...
    12-29-08 11:05 PM
    does anyone have a prefference as far as 3rd party apps go for financial advisers.. besides viigo? like cnbc or the street wsj ?
    12-29-08 11:12 PM
    I have a new macbook, and was wondering if anyone has been able to sync with pocketmac using the bluetooth connection (versus the USB)?

Thanks!
    12-30-08 08:40 AM
    OK...

So to restate that... I can't even get the program to open before I have the chance to attempt to sync anything. The program doesn't even want to open.
    I had the same problem with pocket mac not even opening type in pocket mac in finder and run the uninstall program, then return back the the email pocketmac sent you with the link to download and re-install (Just make sure you have all programs closed and dont even run safari or firefox when you are waiting for the install). After you have done that download DriverUpdate.3.1.3B.dmg (Just google it) and run that and then reboot your Mac.

Hope that helps.
    12-30-08 03:02 PM
    how do you uninstall blackberry's media sync?????
    01-02-09 12:40 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD