anyone get the safari bookmarks to push?
    01-02-09 01:05 AM
    as stated in the previous post. Thank you....
    01-05-09 11:43 PM
    Every time I try to sync my Blackberry to my Mac using Pocketmac it says error occured "skipping" anyone have any suggestions?
    01-20-09 10:11 PM
    Beware of Google Sync as it only sync maximum 24 weeks ahead so if you have a google calendar you are syncing and are out with your phone you only know how busy you are up to the next 24 weeks... go figure Google.
    There is also issues of Googlesync deleting these appointments out of the 24 week window off your google calendar when the Berry syncs back again .. I have just spent the last 4 hours looking at this system as a work around as I cannot get Pocketmac to recognise my Storm and quite frankly the last thing I need is appointments getting deleted!
    01-24-09 05:32 PM
    Hey everyone, I just got this to work in less than 5 minutes. I have an aluminum MacBook and the 9530 from Telus. Here's what I did:

- Uninstall Pocket Mac as per the above if you have it installed then get the latest version.
    - Do what others said and turn on mass storage or whatever on the BB so it comes up as a USB drive.
    - In PocketMac click check for updates. This goes to Rim's site where it shows 2, the first is just PocketMac the second is updated drivers for PocketMac.
    - Download them install and reboot. I then connected it, launched PocketMac and it immediately showed my device and sync'd.

Also just fyi, I was getting that Skipping error thing before too. It will not work unless you click Blackberry and see Device: with your pin detected. If it doesn't show that it's not going to sync. It's realllllllly slow for some reason but it works.
    01-29-09 09:11 AM
    I got pocketmac sort of quasi working, decided it really wasn't worth it and bought missing sync. It is 1000 times better and will even sync media. Definitely worth the money it costs.
    01-29-09 09:53 AM
    PocketMac works fine for me. Running the latest Leopard and 75 on the Storm.
    01-29-09 09:56 AM
    It's a pretty junk program to be honest. I mean I got it working but half way through it said there were conflicts with some address book entries, so as I'm fixing them PocketMac quit unexpectedly, and I had to reboot before it would see the Storm again.
    01-29-09 10:39 AM
    Me again lol this program is officially crap. It sync'd Address Book the first time, then I went back and tried to do photos and so on and it would get half way through contacts and program would unexpectedly quit. Because I was fixing problems with my address book I deleted everyone from my phone to one way sync from my mac to my phone. It would do about 10 people then crash or it would say it's syncing but the phone would change from the connected to PC icon back to the home screen. Tried over and over, I then moved all contacts to Entourage and tried, and it worked perfectly. So I thought great now lets try photos again, so it does contacts first, gets half way through and the whole program quits again. Garbage.
    01-30-09 08:17 AM
    Actually you do not need this software.
    Blackberry just released a blackberry media sync for mac.
    Although this is not the full version it is there newest build and it's free.
    (Note: I am not talking about PocketMac) You will not be able to find it on any of blackberry's .com website links. They haven't put any on there yet. So go to://www.blackberry.com/mediasyncBlackBerry Media Sync . Click download Media Sync Mac ( Preview).
    This will only sync your itunes music but works. It will only sync your cd imported songs. But if you upgrade your library with apple's new itunes plus upgrade feature you're ready to go. I am only 10 and I figured out what these Verizon Reps and Blackberry Support Experts couldn't!
    Note: If you use Pocket Mac you will not be able to use the application because of usb driver problems. You have to delete the PocketMac and or any other blackberry syncing application.
    01-30-09 10:32 PM
    Thanks for the tip, I wanted it more for syncing contacts but this looks really cool because I didn't see any easy way to put music on. That link doesnt work it's actually BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up
    01-31-09 08:42 AM
    The easiest/best way that I've discovered by far for syncing calendar and contacts is with Google Sync. The only thing missing is being able to sync the Storm and Google with a Mac's address book if you don't have the iPhone/iPod Touch as the option to sync with Google won't show unless you do. Of course, there's a hack for that, but if your goal is solid sync of calendar/contacts with the Storm, I can't recommend Google Sync highly enough.
    01-31-09 09:07 AM
    The easiest/best way that I've discovered by far for syncing calendar and contacts is with Google Sync. The only thing missing is being able to sync the Storm and Google with a Mac's address book if you don't have the iPhone/iPod Touch as the option to sync with Google won't show unless you do. Of course, there's a hack for that, but if your goal is solid sync of calendar/contacts with the Storm, I can't recommend Google Sync highly enough.
    I have to agree with the above post. Having used pocketMac (never got it to work) and missing sync which is better but still has problems, I switched to google sync. It seamlessly syncs both contacts and calender from your google calender to the Storm.

The final piece to this puzzle is a application called Spanning Sync (Spanning Sync - Sync iCal and Google Calendar). This then syncs your google account to ical and address book. I have found that using this if you make changes they update/sync either way within the hour - which basically gives you complete OTA syncing between your Mac and the Storm.

Use this code to get $5 of the yearly cost of Spanning Sync (normally $25): CT4YDM

Enjoy!
    01-31-09 10:02 AM
    I'm on the fence, I used google sync on my 8703e and it screwed up my contacts so bad. Everyone would look perfectly normal in my address book, but what happened was searching for them got completely messed up. For example, say I had a John Smith and a Susan Parker. I'd start typing joh and nothing would be found, but type smi and it found find John Smith. Then I'd type Par but nothing found, but type Sus and it would find.

So some people were found by first name some by last, even though in address book they were completely the same. Maybe i'll give it a try again right now, little scared!
    02-03-09 11:55 AM
    Of course, there's a hack for that, but if your goal is solid sync of calendar/contacts with the Storm, I can't recommend Google Sync highly enough.
    Hey there, where is this hack? As I have a mac with address book but would be nice to sync with google. Just no ipod or iphone! Well I have an ipod just not touch
    02-03-09 11:56 AM
    Okay, so here is how i got this nonsense rolling... i DIDN'T use pocketmac!!!

I am convinced that this software is the biggest mess i have ever gotten myself and my mac into. After repeated attempts to sync my storm with my macbook pro and endless hours spent on hold with verizon tech support I decided to do things my own way...without pocket mac or VZ access manager!

options>memory>media support: on
    options>memory>media transfer protocol: on
    options>memory>storage mode support: on
    options>memory>Auto enable mass storage mode when connected: prompt

With all of this set in place plugged in the BB and allowed it to mount.

When the Blackberry 1 and Blackberry 2 appeared I simply opened each application i wanted to sync individually and exported them individually to my storm. The biggest concern and problem for me was itunes. I just could not get the pocket mac to push them onto the storm. So here is the play by play of how i did that (note the rest of the apps (entourage etc.) followed pretty much the same way minus turning off mac just had to disconnect/eject BB):

Open itunes and create the playlist you want on BB

File>Library>Export Playlist

You then select the BB with the list that includes music and ringtones (I think it was BB1, but you will know it when you see it). and your playlist should come up.

Click save and your done. It should be noted that neither my phone nor my computer ever indicated that anything was happening. My computer just started making the noise it makes when it is laboring to transfer/burn something. I thought that it wasn't working so after I few minutes I went to B.O.B. Almost immediately after the connection was broken I went to the music file on my BB and the place where it has the number of songs in parenthesis started going crazy. It went from zero to 350 in about 1 minute. So all in all (even though i thought it wasn't working and aborted before the playlist was done saving) it only took about 5 minute total to upload my songs from plug in to finish. I thought that was pretty amazing considering how much time i spent trying to let pocket mac do its thing.

I hope this helps some people... it certainly worked for me!
    02-10-09 02:22 AM
    Damn sorry guys. I don't know why it posted that twice!!!
    02-10-09 02:23 AM
    I did the same thing with Tech support with VZW and BB. It synced the first time but when I tried to sync a week later it got stuck. It will sync all the way to about a 1/4'' and get stuck there. Has that ever happended with your connection. I have a I-MAC. I got it last April so it's pretty new still. I don't know what the deal is. Can anyone else help or have the same issue? Thank You!
    03-03-09 11:48 PM
    If I dont care about syncing calander events or contacts can I just remove the memory card and plug that into my mac via USB and put music and ringtones on there then put it back into my storm?
    03-04-09 12:30 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD