So, I am just posting this to share. DON'T HAVE BOTH PROGRAMS INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER. THEY WILL MESS EACH OTHER UP.

For the BB syncing, I only had Missing Sync on my computer. Bought the Storm. Sync'd just great the very first day.

Three days later...thought I would give PocketMac a try. Just to see if it would work, and what the differences were between the two.

Downloaded PcoketMac and the new drivers. And...NOTHING sync'd. PocketMac would spin endlessly and never actually finish a sync for hours and hours. Missing Sync would tell me it "failed to connect" despite the fact I could see they were connected.

I searched and played...finally found a thread on a different forum that hinted that the two programs would make each other mess up by even just plain being installed. You could have one of them NOT open, and it still messes up the other program.

Sure enough, I took PocketMac off my computer and MissingSync worked right away again.

SO...I thought I would share in case someone else ever does the same as I did. Maybe save you my hours of frustration.
    11-27-08 11:53 PM
    thanks for the post.

i'd assume most people would start with pocketmac and move to missing sync.

that is what i did. when i installed MS, it actually told me that by installing MS, it would disable PM and if i decided to reuse PM it would need to be completely reinstalled.

oh..and in the end...i liked PM better
    11-27-08 11:55 PM
    Desktop software for Mac's will be out in December. if you can wait of course =-p
    11-28-08 12:02 AM
    Desktop software for Mac's will be out in December. if you can wait of course =-p
    11-28-08 12:04 AM
    I can't get PM to work with my Storm, even with the new drivers. This is extremely frustrating.

Anyone know what's up?
    11-28-08 12:16 AM
    delete all.

reinstall PM then the driver. make sure ur storm is not plugged in until all of this is done.

make sure to restart your computer after the install before syncing
    11-28-08 12:25 AM
    i did all of this. I do not have Missing Sync installed (never have), and I uninstalled PM, then reinstalled PM, then the driver. STILL does not work.

What can I do now?
    11-28-08 12:36 AM
    what computer are you running?
    11-28-08 12:59 AM
    I have a unibody macbook that I purchased last month.
    11-28-08 01:30 AM
    I've had enough with this thing. I cant deal with the Storm anymore. This thing is going back in the AM, and I am re-activating my Curve. What a POS.

Edit: As a BB fanboy, I will purchase the Storm once all these bugs are worked out. I agree with what's said in another thread. We MUST return our Storms so BB and VZW can get the message.
    Last edited by bleekerbee; 11-28-08 at 01:56 AM.
    11-28-08 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD