I'm really liking PocketDay as a PIM app. Probably the best I've seen since I was raised on PocketBreeze from a Windows Mobile phone.

I downloaded their Pocketday Lists app, but it isn't picking up my BB tasks. Wondering what ya'll are using for task management, if anything other than the native BB app. My only gripe is filtering. I'd like to filter by more than one category on occasion. Or see the whole list, broken down by categories.

Is anyone happy with their list/task app?

Thanks!
    Xberry
    04-09-09 08:36 PM
    I'm using pocketday now too. Been searching for a good app myself. Dloaded pocketday abt 4 days ago. Would like it to integrate w my calendar appts (ie,see appts on list too).
    See my thread abt list apps in Discussion forum (search "things to do) or my name kelizrm)
    U want it to sort by category?? I think it does do that. Pretty sure I read that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 07:15 AM
    So a search on "Task" or "Agendus" or my user name. I spent a bunch of time looking at a lot of apps to do this. I finally settled on Pocket Informant (the Task/Category thing was my key requirement as well) but there are alternatives.

- R.
    04-13-09 01:36 PM
    I'm afraid I can no longer recommend Pocket Informant. I have had an intermittent bug pop up where the sync from Outlook almost caused huge numbers of Calendar events to be deleted from Outlook. Fortunately I was able to reject the changed before they took effect.

However, in at least 1 of these instances something caused some records to be duplicated. In the latest instance of this issue I was traveling and had created new Calendar events in my Berry for new appointments. Since the only fix to my problem is to do a 1 way sync from Outlook, replacing all native PIM and PI records, now I have to manually review all Calendar events in my Berry and add any new ones to Outlook so I can then do the 1 way sync to get things back on track. This is both laborious and has huge potential for error.

The support team at WebIS keep saying it's caused by PI syncing to the wrong Calendar, but I only have 1. They can't help me beyond that.

Please note that I am running PI 1.6, and an S1 with .122. I also have PI set to sync from the native PIM. Different configurations may have different results.

In general I like PI, but I rely too heavily on my PDA to live with this kind of potential error. I am now looking for a PI alternative. Given the problem may be with the Storm, unless the S2 is WAY more stable and trouble free than the S1, I will also be looking for an alternative to a BB very soon.

This was my first venture into smartphones, and after hearing so much about BB's being so reliable, I am very disappointed.

- R.
    09-25-09 07:14 PM
    I'm really liking PocketDay as a PIM app. Probably the best I've seen since I was raised on PocketBreeze from a Windows Mobile phone.

I downloaded their Pocketday Lists app, but it isn't picking up my BB tasks. Wondering what ya'll are using for task management, if anything other than the native BB app. My only gripe is filtering. I'd like to filter by more than one category on occasion. Or see the whole list, broken down by categories.

Is anyone happy with their list/task app?

Thanks!
    Xberry
    I'm using PocketDay Pro & I have the same problem with tasks, they don't show. I've been going back and forth with support but it looks like they can't do anything.
    10-07-09 10:55 AM
    After much time spent on this I've discovered it's not PI - it's the Berry. Apparently Berries are designed to delete user data when free memory is low. "Old" Calendar entries are included. Check out the Storm 9530 thread "To all those "Don't worry about memory.." comments... " for details.

Good thing those RIM engineers are so much wiser than I am and can decide for me when my data should be deleted. Makes me feel warm & fuzzy all over!

So apologies to PI - it was not a PI issue. Actually, I just upgraded to 2.0 of PI and my endorsement of this program got even stronger - it's an excellent PIM!

- R.
    11-29-09 03:46 PM
    I am trialing this program before buying. I really like it but am having one issues. I cannot adjust the font size on the list I create. They're so small I can barely read the name of my list. I have attempted to adjust the font size but they don't appear to affect the size of the display. Any help would be appreciated as I will buy if this issue can be addressed. Thanks in advance.

just notice that this is in the Storm area. I have a Bold 9650. I hope the info will still apply
    Last edited by cscott44; 06-06-10 at 11:22 PM. Reason: needed to add my device
    06-06-10 11:20 PM
    After much time spent on this I've discovered it's not PI - it's the Berry. Apparently Berries are designed to delete user data when free memory is low. "Old" Calendar entries are included. Check out the Storm 9530 thread "To all those "Don't worry about memory.." comments... " for details.

Good thing those RIM engineers are so much wiser than I am and can decide for me when my data should be deleted. Makes me feel warm & fuzzy all over!

So apologies to PI - it was not a PI issue. Actually, I just upgraded to 2.0 of PI and my endorsement of this program got even stronger - it's an excellent PIM!

- R.
    Agree. Pocket Informant is the best I have ever used. I used to sync with Outlook on my office PC and would get some duplicates etc, but that was all user error I think. Haven't really synced much lately as my phone is always right on my desk. When someone sends me meeting request I just forward it to my phone....
    06-07-10 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD