OKAY IM Planning On Buying A "9550Storm2". DOES ANY ONE Have The BB data Plan Running Full EDGE With T-mobile?

when i mean BB data im referring to: MMS,Email,Internet.. fully functional

Crackberry members I want to confirm that the "Storm 9530" was only affected were "EDGE" Is not staying soild and ONLY "edge" is present to this day. As i read threw posts, some users report having a working MMS,email, internet features working well on the Storm and storm2

so those that have a fully functional "storm2" on t-mobile please comment below

AND thoses who do not have a fully functional storm2 on t-mobile comment below with the location you are affected

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I Confirm Storm 2 is working with T-mobile: internet, email, mms , pandora app is running well. FULL EDGE. Read my last post below!
    Last edited by Atomic.18; 06-27-10 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Type-O! Updated on status with great NEWS! t-typo
    06-21-10 08:47 PM
    DO NOT BUY A STORM, you will get edge and not EDGE but the internet will work, you will have basically access to the internet using any third party application, like opera mini, or bolt.

Any third party application will work, but not the stock application like the blackberry browser or email.

So get the 9700 instead of 9550.
    If you still want to use the storm, I know that AT&T and Verizon are the only working options for you for now.
    06-22-10 08:25 AM
    DO NOT BUY A STORM, you will get edge and not EDGE but the internet will work, you will have basically access to the internet using any third party application, like opera mini, or bolt.

Any third party application will work, but not the stock application like the blackberry browser or email.

So get the 9700 instead of 9550.
    If you still want to use the storm, I know that AT&T and Verizon are the only working options for you for now.
    That's not completely true. I have Storm, right now on T-Mobile and it is showing full EDGE, not just edge. It only had an issue for a day for me. Everything works fine right now even the BB specific browser, BBM, and e-mail.

I know some people are still having issues, but mine works fine (I live on the East Coast directly south of DC). I followed the instructions here to upload the T-Mob service books and then went online and resent the service books to get this bad boy updated with the current books. Worked fine.

For reference I have the Even More Plus plan with unlimted data/texts, not the older BB exclusive plan.
    06-22-10 08:40 AM
    My Storm use to work just fine where others had No Browser and no emails issue.
    Since a week I am in the same field like others. So it is a matter of time then you'll be in.

I hope, I am mistaking.......
    06-22-10 09:57 AM
    Theres rumors around that t-mobile yesterday fixed the edge issue from there network. "THE FIX" is by switching APN setting to epc.tmobile.com

May Any One confirm this? i have S2 shipment on the way...

does changing apn setting to epc.tmobile.com bring EDGE back with all you data including email mms an internet with apps like facebook working an pandora?

Comment down only CRACKBERRY MEMBERS that have the "BB add-on plan" for t-mobile ["BIS", "BES"]

Please comment down if yes or no
    Last edited by Atomic.18; 06-24-10 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Type-O, AGAIN ,an again
    06-24-10 08:16 PM
    Theres rumors around that t-mobile yesterday fixed the edge issue from there network. "THE FIX" is by switching APN setting to epc.tmobile.com

May Any One confirm this? i have S2 shipment on the way...

does changing apn setting to epc.tmobile.com bring EDGE back with all you data including email mms an internet with apps like facebook working an pandora?

Comment down only CRACKBERRY MEMBERS that have the "BB add-on plan" for t-mobile ["BIS", "BES"]

Please comment down if yes or no
    Not sure why you would comment down someone that has the BB add-on plan. Even with the newer plans, you still technically have this feature on your account. You are just not charged directly for it since the plan price is locked in for smartphones. It still shows me as having the "Blackberry Unlimited Web" as an add-on.

Anyway, yes my APN is set to epc.tmobile.com. It always has been since I have always had the BB plan on my account and I changed it from the older voicestream one a year ago (before I got my Storm).

Hope this helps.
    06-25-10 09:18 AM
    mine is working just fine had some problems but its been working fine for two weeks now
    Last edited by kymsurv; 06-25-10 at 09:35 AM.
    06-25-10 09:32 AM
    You are good. You can buy one. My storm2 is working now.
    06-25-10 10:06 AM
    There was a major problem for Storm owners and Tmobile for most of the month of June, but it is supposed to be fixed now. I had problems for a week or so, but am now back on EDGE, internet, sms, mms, etc.

I have been using my Storm on Tmobile for the past year and have been very satisfied. Love my Storm!

(you can go to the Storm1 forum and peruse the 70+pages of the thread re: Storm/Tmobile problem and confirm that Storms are back up and running at full capacity again)
    06-25-10 10:11 AM
    Yes they finally fixed it! Damn the last 2 weeks was hellish for me but in glad everything is working now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 11:44 AM
    THANK YOU ALL I MADE MY CHOICE. I BOUGHT A STORM 2 was mailed in two days ago AND HAVE FULL EDGE, with EMAIL, INTERNET, MMS. tested it!!

thank you all for making me make my choice!

im running .713 non-hybrid APN settings: epc.tmobile.com AND i confirm that S2 [9550] is working On t-mobile any questions reply here.
    Last edited by Atomic.18; 06-30-10 at 09:27 PM. Reason: added color, mis info
    06-27-10 11:30 AM
    Current Apps that are working are Facebook, ProTranslate Lite, Bolt Browser,Not working pandora, mini opera,going to install a hybrid which should resolve my problems, post back later with more info.looking forward to test other apps out an post them right here, keep in touch laterz

06-30-10 09:42 PM
    Current Apps that are working are Facebook, ProTranslate Lite, Bolt Browser,Not working pandora, mini opera,going to install a hybrid which should resolve my problems, post back later with more info.looking forward to test other apps out an post them right here, keep in touch laterz

Maybe you can help ALOT other T-Mobiler users? by perform the following task? It wont damage your phone or cause any major issues. Cuz the APN are just network settings and you can set anytime.

1. Uncheck your APN settings. leaving it uncheck and blank. Then try to surf net, use BBM, native WLMsn and test email. Do you still see EDGE? if requires.. turn off/on your mobile network for few seconds to detect network again.

If by perform item 1 and you still see EDGE, that would mean... you dont even need to set the APNs cuz your HRT aka Host routing table already setup your BIS apns.

let us know your findings.

ps...FYI... not all apps uses the TCP/IP apn...storm2 facebook, browser, WLMsn etc all uses native HRT apn.

those that can use TCP/IP apn are mainly the 3rd party software. e.g. Nimbuzz, bolt, opera IM plus, etc...whenever TCP/IP apn are activated, from my understanding they will switch you out of BIS network.

I am using 3G/GPRS/EDGE. My TCP/IP apn are unchecked. All my 3rd party apps settings are set to using auto network detection or BIS only
    Last edited by titusilvering; 06-30-10 at 10:05 PM.
    06-30-10 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD