Rumor: New touch-screen BlackBerrys on the way | News - Wireless - CNET News

Looks like their is going to be a GSM version of the phone, which is being called the BlackBerry 9900 Pluto.
    10-18-08 06:09 AM
    there already is a GSM version called the blackberry storm 9500

pluto is apparently a bold/curve/storm hybrid
    10-18-08 09:53 AM
    Personally I would rather see the storm/thunder be released for Rogers than the Pluto. I'd just get a bold instead of the Pluto or I'd get a storm instead of the pluto. Making the two into one doesn't work in my eyes. What a tiny screen that is touch.

I'd want a hybrid that is half iphone, half blackberry and that is what the storm is in my opinion. All the glitz and entertainment of the iphone for multimedia packed with the power of blackberry.
    -Rik
    10-18-08 10:17 AM
    Personally I would rather see the storm/thunder be released for Rogers than the Pluto. I'd just get a bold instead of the Pluto or I'd get a storm instead of the pluto. Making the two into one doesn't work in my eyes. What a tiny screen that is touch.

I'd want a hybrid that is half iphone, half blackberry and that is what the storm is in my opinion. All the glitz and entertainment of the iphone for multimedia packed with the power of blackberry.
    -Rik
    Wish Granted!!

Rogers 2009 BlackBerry lineup : Boy Genius Report
    10-18-08 10:24 AM
    there already is a GSM version called the blackberry storm 9500

pluto is apparently a bold/curve/storm hybrid
    No the pluto is a GSM version of the Storm, only much better. Yes he did say Javelin with touch, but the Storm and Javelin have the same form factor. Both Magnum and Pluto are real nice in comparison to the Storm. But newer devices usually are. The Storm(CDMA) will get it's own update.
    10-18-08 10:36 AM
    So wait... the storm is going to get an update in like 6 months (Storm HD is what people are calling it??)?! Why would I even want this one then? I mean if it were like 12+ months I'd consider buying the current Storm, but 6 months? wow I'd be holding an outdated device in no time...

Is this storm upgrade comparable to what the 9900 (Pluto) will be, or will the 9900 be better? Also, is it an upgrade a la the iPhone-->iPhone3G, with subtle performance and design updates, or will it be like a completely new device (Storm 2)?

If this Storm HD update is going to come within 6 months, I'd be willing to wait for it..
    The entirely new Storm 2 though would probably take 12+ months... im guessing? that i can wait for.
    Last edited by EraserXIV; 10-18-08 at 11:25 AM.
    10-18-08 11:05 AM
    I will be getting the 9900 Pluto when it comes out. Most likely the iPhone HD(if it comes out next year) too.
    10-18-08 12:11 PM
    The GSM US version of the Storm will be announced in May and released July. It will be a better Storm (with Wifi!). The CMDA version of the "better storm" will be out later in the year.
    10-18-08 12:47 PM
    The GSM US version of the Storm will be announced in May and released July. It will be a better Storm (with Wifi!). The CMDA version of the "better storm" will be out later in the year.
    Will the Wi-Fi be the only real update to the 2nd edition Storm (US version)? If that's the case, no need to wait for me. If there is more to make it worth it (i.e. more app memory), then I might wait. Otherwise, Wi-Fi alone ain't gonna be worth it for me. No need for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-08 08:21 AM
    Will the bb pluto be for verizon or att hope for verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 02:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD