i have held off from posting this question since i got the phone. (the day it came out ) but i cannot seem to get the search bar for my music to show up. lemme explain. whenever i am watching a video i can just search for a certain point by moving the search bar to a certain spot. now on the music screen there isnt one that shows up. i searched everywhere and couldnt find out what i was doing wrong. please help me..
    12-09-08 07:15 PM
    So when you go to music, then click on a category (all songs, artists, albums, etc.) do you not see a find bar at the top? Or are you asking for something else?
    12-09-08 07:18 PM
    Umm youre not just stupid?
    I don't think the question is stupid but your device is listed as a 8330 and you posted in the Storm thread. You might want to try there.
    So when you go to music, then click on a category (all songs, artists, albums, etc.) do you not see a find bar at the top? Or are you asking for something else?
    no not that find bar. i know it's kinda hard to explain. i mean the bar that enables you to not have to restart the whole song in order to rewind it. there we go. the rewind bar..lol..
    12-09-08 07:22 PM
    I don't think the question is stupid but your device is listed as a 8330 and you posted in the Storm thread. You might want to try there.
    you know ur right. i forgot to change my devise name. ima stormer now baby..lol
    12-09-08 07:22 PM
    you have to tap the screen one time while the song is playing. it should pop right up there above the play button

i'll let you stay in denial about being stupid
    12-09-08 07:24 PM
    I understand what you mean. when you are on the screen with the album cover and that stuff TAP the screen(don't click) and a little pop up bar at the bottom will appear with the pause, stop, play etc buttons, and a bar above that(which is the bar you are asking about, i can't explain it well either, lol)

try that and tell me if it works!
    12-09-08 07:26 PM
    you have to tap the screen one time. it should pop right up there above the play button
    lol..wow. so i guess i am that stupid. i'm telling you i have figured out almost everything on this phone and i get tricked by this wow... i dont deserve this phone. i am going to donate it to the next bum i see on the street, that person will probably know what to do wit it.lol.. thank you
    12-09-08 07:26 PM
    I understand what you mean. when you are on the screen with the album cover and that stuff TAP the screen(don't click) and a little pop up bar at the bottom will appear with the pause, stop, play etc buttons, and a bar above that(which is the bar you are asking about, i can't explain it well either, lol)

try that and tell me if it works!
    it works man, thanks for ur help
    12-09-08 07:27 PM
    Yah, no problem. I had to go check it myself, and while i was typing alan8385 beat me too it, but no problem, lol
    12-09-08 07:30 PM
    You mean the "progress bar" that shows where you are *in* a song... To bring this up anytime you want just touch the screen briefly and release. It shows for less than 5 seconds if you don't interact with it. There doesn't seem to be a way to make it stay visible.

To use it (and this is one of the more *unintuitive* things about the phone) you first bring it up to being visible as mentioned above. Then you touch directly on it to put the focus on it. When you do it right it'll have a bright white outline...

Then, before the outline goes away or even the whole progress bar goes away, put your fingertip directly on the white button that shows where you are in the song and press the screen (make the screen click like when you're typing). KEEPING your fingertip on the button (sometimes also called a "scrubber"), you move the white button to where you want and PRESS THE SCREEN AGAIN to actually move playback to that point in the song.

This made me feel *really* stupid when I first got the phone, and I design computer interfaces for a living... Still, now that I understand what to do, it works well.

--bg
    12-09-08 07:34 PM
    You mean the "progress bar" that shows where you are *in* a song... To bring this up anytime you want just touch the screen briefly and release. It shows for less than 5 seconds if you don't interact with it. There doesn't seem to be a way to make it stay visible.

To use it (and this is one of the more *unintuitive* things about the phone) you first bring it up to being visible as mentioned above. Then you touch directly on it to put the focus on it. When you do it right it'll have a bright white outline...

Then, before the outline goes away or even the whole progress bar goes away, put your fingertip directly on the white button that shows where you are in the song and press the screen (make the screen click like when you're typing). KEEPING your fingertip on the button (sometimes also called a "scrubber"), you move the white button to where you want and PRESS THE SCREEN AGAIN to actually move playback to that point in the song.

This made me feel *really* stupid when I first got the phone, and I design computer interfaces for a living... Still, now that I understand what to do, it works well.

--bg
    thanx for the tutorial cuz after i figured out how to get it i didnt know how to move it lol.. wow i thought i would have to make a new thread.. thanks
    12-09-08 07:37 PM
    I press the screen while the song was playing and it still does not appear. I guess I am stupid as well because I saw the progress bar for about 1 second and then poof it was gone. I clicked all over the screen and nothing. Is it me or the phone?

Also, does the music stop when go to another application such as email? Mine stops the music about 20 seconds after I switch over to email.
    12-10-08 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD